Boys do cry

hey,uh...update, huh? yay... *goes hiding before enraged readers start chasing her with pitchforks*

LUKAS' POV

I growled at the third time she interrupted our kiss, no matter what, and pulled back. "Come on ... shouldn't we celebrate?" I whined. I know last time was only the other night, but I need more. It's odd, really, I feel as if I'm back to the perpetually horny 21-years-old I was back in the day, the one that just couldn't keep his hands off his roommate, no matter what.

Then again, it's not like I've ever lost my appetite. Thankfully, neither has Tara ... except for this break now. Seems to me she wants to drive me insane. Probably payback. I've learnt with the years that my Tarry is ... quite vindictive. Either I rubbed off on her, or she'd just hidden that trait very well.

When she turned around to unlock the door, I took the chance to wrap my arms around her, and pepper kisses all over her neck, whispering: "I told Nicky to stay out as much as possible with her siblings." Perks of having your eldest finally back home, you can charge her with babysitting and she'll agree without arguing because she missed her siblings. Okay, maybe I had to hand a more than a few dollar bills first, but it was worth it. That girl is such a mercenary ... like father, like daughter, huh?

Tara laughed, shaking her head. "Just like old times, huh?" Basically. It didn't cost me as much back then, though ... Nicky was a kid, she didn't have much pretenses, now she knows she can ask for double zeros.

"We finished duties in advance, it's time for pleasure ..." I bargained, kissing Tara's neck. She barely retained a moan, which was an excellent sign for me. I think it's also this night to have me so damn horny. There's something about a badass woman claiming you as hers that arouses me. The way my baby girl faced her old friend, it was ... awesome. I was too flabbergasted to piece it altogether, but when I did, I realized ... damnit, I've married fucking Wonder Woman.

Well, technically speaking, I've also divorced from Wonder Woman ... but we're working on that.

You know, women tend to think that men want them calm, easy to handle, basically passive ... leave that to spineless men. Me, and all the men I know think the same, I like badassery. I think you knew that already. Her inner badassery was one of the things that had me fall for Tara so hard. The moment she let go of the shy little girl she used to be, and became the strong, badass woman that stood her ground without needing me to defend her, I fell harder than ever for her.

Don't take me wrong, I love playing knight in shining armor for my baby girl, that whole ... I'm here to protect you thing I used to tell her over and over again years back, I meant it, I meant every bit of it, even if I wasn't totally able to keep up with the promise, but ... if I gotta be honest, it is sexier for me to be with a woman that doesn't need me.

I mean, Tara doesn't need me to be there to protect her and defend her, she can kick ass very damn well without my help. And tonight I had further proof.

After Sheila there were the others. The way Tara stood there, unfazed, as I explained to each of those women who was she and why was she there, it was ... incredible. I've never seen her so cold yet hot at the same time. Pun intended.

One by one, Tara stared down those women, and asked them one very simple yet hard question: "Why did you pursue him if you knew he was married?" Just that.

When she told me she wanted to meet all the women I cheated on her with, I was a little worried, I thought she'd want to inquire on as to when and where did the misdeed happen, I thought it was gonna sign my sentence, because hearing it from my old flings would have sharpened the scar, making it harder for it to heal, and she'd have been keener on giving up ...