Only death will do us part

CHAPTER 17 - ONLY DEATH WILL DO US PART

18 years ago

TARA'S POV

I giggled when he kissed my neck, an unfaltering grin on his face, his fingers tickling my side. This day has been the best we could have ever had, I was still lightheaded, can't deny it, and it wasn't entirely about tiredness. It was just ... the whole thing, I mean, it's been merely 3 hours since we exchanged our vows, merely 3 hours since I've become Mrs. Bennet, and ... I'll admit I couldn't stop grinning like a fool.

"How about we sneak out a little?" Lukas proposed in my ear, his alluringly sexy husky tone making me feel shivers down my spine, as he played with my hand.

I smirked. "Don't you think they'd notice we're gone?"

"So? It's a wedding. Spouses do disappear now and then, we'll just say we've gone to take photos or crap like that."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Always the same sex fiend, huh?"

Lukas slid his arms around my waist, and placed a sensual kiss behind my ear, whispering: "I just can't wait to get to the consummating the marriage part."

I bit my lip, kind of agreeing, but ... we couldn't leave just yet. Not only because we had 40-something guests to mind, but also because ... I had in store a small surprise for him. So I tried my best not to let his sexy moves seduce me, no matter how much I wanted to give in – and trust me, I really did want to –, I forced myself not to be affected by the way his lips nibbled slyly on my neck, and how his fingers on my waist tickled me. 

When the singer we hired finally finished his song, and cleared his throat to gather attention, I kinda breathed a sigh of relief. I wouldn't have resisted much longer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please make room for the spouses on the dance floor."

Lukas groaned in my ear. "Didn't we do that already?"

I chuckled, pulling back, for how dejectedly. "Come on, let's go." I took his hand, and forced him to stand, so that together, hand in hand, we walked up to the dance floor.

"Once more, ladies and gentlemen, let me present you, Mr. and Mrs. Bennet!" The singer cheered, followed by our guests' applauses.

I could see Lukas' smile was a little tight. Understandable, he was tired after all these celebrations. You see, the ceremony was Catholic, my grandma cared particularly about it, so the wedding was lasting a little longer than he'd have wanted it to. 

I was nervous, though. This surprise I made him, I rehearsed for weeks, but I was sure it'd come out awful nevertheless.

As we stood in the middle of the dance floor, our friends and relatives gathered all around, waiting, the singer walked up to us with a wide smile, and offered me the microphone. "Now, I think the bride has something to say to her groom."

I gulped down my saliva, and took a deep breath before grabbing the microphone from his hands. I regretted my decision fully, you can bet it. With my eyes I pleaded with Nelson, the singer, not to leave me right now, and he smiled, winking. I wasn't encouraged in the slightest bit.

Lukas was startled, but I tried to keep focus. Pulling back from his side, I entangled our fingers, and, as the music started, I sang.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please

It's a house we enter in

Then commit to never leave

So lock the door behind you