Kissing is not hugging

This chapter was in the original Roommates with Benefits but I never posted it. Remember the kiss between Lukas and Sheila? This is what actually happened.

Note: this chapter is preparatory for the next part, which I split not to make it too long

CHAPTER 29 - KISSING IT NOT HUGGING

21 years old TARA'S POV

My best friend hugged me back, grinning, and despite the awkward beginning, I could finally let myself go to a real embrace, even if still worried. You see, in the end I didn't tell her about my roommate ... then again, technically, they never were an item.

I pulled back and smiled as truthfully as I could, considering my best friend knows me all too well and she could see through my fake smile in a nanosecond.

"So, what brings you here?" I wondered, trying to act cool.

Sheila shrugged. "I had a free weekend." She eyed me intently, a small smirk playing on her lips. "Didn't know I'd play spoilsport ..."

I blushed. "What do you mean?"

She pointed at my breasts, and when I looked down I noticed that my nipples were still perfectly erect and fully visible even beneath the top. Immediately, I covered them with my arms. "It's-uh ... it's not what you think ... I just, you know, had a cold shower, that's all."

Even while not fully convinced, she smirked. "Right. Or maybe it's just me ..." she winked, "I know I've always been a forbidden fantasy of yours, T ... told you, if you decide to quit being a prude missy, give me a call."

I laughed to hide nervousness, but I'm pretty used to her blunt ways. It's like ... shock therapy, something like that. A real bestie is always borderline offensive, right? I'd like to confess I'm not that prude as I was, mostly thanks to her delightfully skilled sex god that is her ex, with whom I'm currently having a sexual affair, but ... I bit my tongue.

To be honest, I'll never admit it to his face, but this ... thing between us, this roommates with benefits deal Lukas and I have, it's doing me good. I don't know what it is exactly, maybe the skills, maybe the fact that, well, he's so hot and sexy, but ... he makes me want to dare more, with the full consciousness that it will only be pleasurable because pleasure is pretty much all he's ever given me during our sessions.

Shaking my head, I half seriously pointed out: "Yeah, S, I'm still straight, but even if I changed, you're not my type, sorry."

"Yeah, she likes redheads. You know, like our mermaid neighbor." Lukas was standing right there, beside me, in front of his ex, without a damn care in the world. How comes, he can always read between the lines and this time he didn't notice my tone was stressed when I spoke louder than normal? Duh, he doesn't give a damn, does he?

Sheila seemed shocked. She stared at us for a long moment, her eyes flicking from me to Lukas and vice versa, as if trying to understand what was going on. I can very well believe how much of a shock it must be for her.

Lukas chuckled smugly, hand on his chest. "Yeah, I know you miss me, but it's not polite to stare like that, you know."

That made her come back to reality, and she narrowed her eyes at him, crossing her arms over her chest as she shifted to one feet, which meant she was ready to battle.

"Bennet." Sheila spat his name as if it were poison.

Lukas gave her a smug smirk, and lightly bowed his head. "Sanders." He mocked, which only made her shoot daggers at him.

She turned to me, venomously spitting: "T, you told me you'd taken in a new roommate, not that your apartment was infested with slimy and disgusting cockroaches."