An eye for an eye

Honestly,this chapter came out a bit random lol

CHAPTER 3 - AN EYE FOR AN EYE

"Lukas?" I heard my name being called from far, far away.

"Mmh?" I barely answered. My head lay against my arm, against the wall, I felt so exhausted that I couldn't even bring myself to do anything but remain there and think. 

Think of how much of a moronic bastard I've been, of how fucked up my life has become, while merely a few years ago I was in Heaven. Where the hell did I go wrong, exactly?

"You alright?" I felt Valentine's slender hand on my arm before hearing her silvery voice, and I faintly nodded. "You sure?"

"Why are you still here?" I asked. It was way past mine and her shift, she should have been home long ago, the same as I, but well, where do I even go home to tonight? To my children? To start over the billionth fight with my daughter? Especially after the school called today already? Or to my wife? To start the procedures for divorce? I guess I should get myself a lawyer, shouldn't I?

Valentine gave me an impish grin of hers as she slid in front of me, successfully caging herself between me and the wall, in a way that it looked like I was pinning her against the freaking wall.

"I'm always here whenever you need, remember?" She reminded me, biting her lips sensually.

I sighed, closing my eyes. "Are you ever gonna stick into that crazy head of yours that I'm a married man?" Not for long, to be honest, but she doesn't need to know that. 

In response, Valentine smirked, her finger coming to trace my chest as she reminded me: "Not so married that night, were you?"

I groaned, pulling back, not needing to be reminded of my nth error. I've fucked up my life big time, and I honestly don't know how to escape this lunacy. "Val, it was a mistake, I told you." I reminded her, going to sit on my desk, exhausted. "Besides, it's not like anything really happened. Just a kiss." I debased, undoing my tie. 

I've spent my day working as hard as possible, in order not to think, but in the end, problems still come get me. My life seemed to be such an idyll, I had the most perfect marriage, my children loved me as much as I loved them, I was climbing ranking after ranking in my job. When, exactly, did everything start tumbling down?

"Just a kiss, huh?" Valentine mused, coming to sit on my desk, right beside me. I don't even know why haven't I fired her yet, with all this inappropriate flirting. Maybe I've never really minded, that's why. Also, she's a bit whorish, but very good intern as well. 

"I remember it quite differently." She continued, crossing one legs over the other, giving me full sight on her short skirt as it uncovered her most hidden – well, not so hidden, considering I could easily see she wore no underwear – treasures. 

I rolled my eyes at her statement. "I was tired, drunk, we were stuck in a stupid hotel far, far away from home." I pointed out. I'm honestly stunned at myself for not giving in that time, despite everything, but I made it. 

Valentine smirked, her red lips as luscious as ripe fruits ready to be collected. Damn, this woman is an ongoing temptation. Why the hell did I hire her in the first place? I guess I thought I didn't care about beauty, I loved my wife and all that crap, and yet ...

She dropped off the desk, and moved my chair, without ever losing that smirk.

"Val ..." I warned as she straddled me. "You know, this can be counted as sexual harassment." I pointed out, serious. "I could report you for this."

"Yeah?" Her slender hands traced my chest, already making me feel uncomfortable. It didn't help that my wife and I haven't been doing anything since a few weeks. It's hard to remain loyal when you've got the boy down there craving to be let free.