The Slave For The Vampire Prince

Chapter one ~ A Few Minutes

I felt a tear gently fall from my eye, leaving a mark on my face as it left. "Please" I whispered another tear leaving the other eye. His fangs scraped across my neck showing me it was time. Just a few minutes of death and it'll be over, I thought. I closed my eyes softly standing perfectly still.

He bit down on my neck, the two fangs pierced my skin like thick needles. I tilted my head to give the creature more room to drink my blood. Wincing every few seconds as new pain came. Just a few minutes, I assured myself.

I felt myself growing tired, the idea of sleeping sounded perfect. He was sucking too much blood out of me. If I stayed like this I would be dead. "Please-Get off of me" I pleaded pushing him off a little with my hands.

The fangs left my neck leaving their pain with them. A sharp gasp escaped my mouth as I felt blood run down my neck staining my shirt. My eyes closed shut letting sleep take over.

***

"You can't be serious" Tilly whispered as we walked down the halls. Last night was when the attack occurred. When I got bit by those blood cravers.

I quickly nodded my head, looking around seeing nobody was watching, I pulled some of my long hair to the side exposing my neck. "Ouch. He was not gentle." She muttered shivering.

We are living in a world where vampires over powered us. Now we are useless compared to them, we're slaves. In fact all of the humans are slaves and get sold to these creatures. A human auction. Until you become the age of eighteen you still live life like any ordinary teenager. Only you have to still obey vampires if you see one on the streets.

Being a slave means you allow your master to drink your blood. Last night was when some vampire snuck up behind me a drank from me. "Do you think he will come back for me?!" I gasped in horror wondering the possibilities. "I-I don't know Kamille" my best friend whispered shaking her head.

The bell rung for eighth period "bye Kam" she said hugging me before running off to class. "Bye." I whispered before turning and walking to my next class.

***

"Hey Kamille!" Tilly yelled down the hall running up to me. "Walk home with me?" She asked wrapping her other arm around her school bag arm. "Sure, maybe you could stay for dinner?" I offered starting to walk out of the school building with Tilly by myside. "Sounds fun!" She squeaked pulling out her phone and texting her mom.

"So did you tell your parents about the-" she started saying "no." I cut her off. We eventually ended up at my house and walking inside. Dropping our school bags at the door we ran upstairs into my room.

"See the new hot boy at school?" She giggled plopping herself onto my bed. I rolled my eyes smiling and throwing a pillow at the boy-crazed girl. "Tilly? Are you scared of becoming a slave?" I wondered nervously twiddling my thumbs. "Actually.. Yeah I am." She admitted.

My eighteen birthday was in three days and then I'll be sent away in some auction house. "I'm leaving in a few days" I quietly said "I know" she said sadly hugging me.

I'm going to miss my home and friends, but most importantly my freedom . "It won't be that bad.." Tilly said trying to make things better. "How would you know" I said laughing a little "I just have a feeling you will be alright" she gave me a smile "weirdo" I shook my head which made us both laugh.

For hours we talked, played on our phones and even had a cliché pillow fight. "Girls! Dinner is ready" my mom called from the bottom step "Alright mom!" I called back getting up from my bed and running downstairs having Tilly follow.

The food was passed out on plates and all three of my brothers sat there stuffing their faces. Tilly and I scrunched up our noses at the sight of the scene but soon giggled. Both of us sitting down the family was now eating quietly.

A few conversations were made of school and home stuff until we were all finished. "Okay well I better get home" Tilly stretched walking to the door "I'll walk you" I said following her "You sure? It's dark out and after last night-" "You live just up the street I'll be fine" I shrugged and together we left the house.

On my way walking home I realized I was actually scared. The neighborhood was quiet which made me shiver. "Hello darling. Did you miss me?" A deep voice whispered in my ear from behind.

I quickly turned around seeing the man that had tortured my dreams last night. The man who had drank from me like I was the juice box and my neck was the straw. "Y-You!" I gasped my eyes going wide. I turned and ran, ran faster then I could before.

My life was depending on me escaping this man, this killer. I ran to my house opening the door and panting deep breathes. "Honey are you alright?" My mom asked from the kitchen "Y-Yeah just took a run" I lied walking up the steps.

I walked into my room, taking a shower and changing into pajamas. I was about to go to sleep until I felt a warm hand placed over my mouth "It's not polite to run."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright so new story I hope you like this. I'm going to work on this for a while so wish me luck.

-Brooke