51. The Actual Hell!

"You are the key... to everything."

Dick blinked. "What?"

"The entire reason you are sick, it's because of The Light." Slade inputted.

"What?" Bruce was not in the mood for puzzles.

"Of course, it wasn't The Light directly but another faction hidden in the shadows." Deathstroke continued.

"Another faction?" Batman mused. "They're the ones that set the trap at the warehouse?"

Talia nodded. "I'm sure you know of Aliosum?"

"It originated in Uganda," he replied.

"Well," Slade hummed, tilting his head to the side. "Not so much."

"WP17, a prototype of the bioweapon was stolen—by who we don't know—and released into a water body near that village." Talia elaborated. "The Light didn't know until recently, but this faction was performing live testing, the village was inconspicuous, no one would care about those minor deaths."

"It would be regarded as a plague by the locals and no one would suspect external forces being involved." Slade added.

"But they miscalculated," Talia frowned. "They used the newly formed WP17 and attacked an official, but he didn't die in two weeks, he died a week later."

"You see," Slade took over again. "The villagers that were tested on were weak, sickly, poor. They didn't have proper health facilities, they didn't even have clean water."

"It's only natural that they would die off faster." Talia ended the story.

"And where does poisoning Dick have to do with anything?" Batman growled in anger, he was seriously pissed off.

Talia smiled. "If there's anyone in the world who could find an antidote, it's you."

"And the only way they could make you give it your all is to make it personal for you."

"But why would they—" Bruce couldn't imagine, the only reason Dick was going through this was because they wanted the antidote. Why?

"Because they want to prove something, they want to show off their superiority," Deathstroke sneered.

"They want to prove that no one can get the antidote," Talia sighed. "Because —"

"Because there is no cure." Dick, who had been silent, suddenly laughed bitterly. "No cure.... It makes so much sense..."

"....so much sense."

-

Yes, you can all kill me now😊