45. Roy Thanks Guns.

"I..."

"Um.."

"You see..."

"When... uh... When you were born...?"

Dick stared at his older brother incredulously. "Jeez, it's just a question, I didn't think you'd get constipated."

Yes, it was true that by now Roy's face and expression did have a faint resemblance to that of a 'constipated horse' and what the thirteen year old said did nothing to help as the Archer tried to come up with a reasonable explanation that was far from the truth. He cleared his throat and started again. "When-"

Dick raised a brow and cut him off, completing the sentence. "When I was born," he motioned for the archer to continue, a sly smirk pasted against his pale lips. Roy felt sweat trickle down his neck as he looked anywhere but the bird.

"So, there was-"

"Yes, I was born." Dick nodded.

Roy took a step back. "Uh, Batman will explain it."

"Oh," said the boy in realization. "So he is hiding something too."

Roy paled, almost staggering as he pulled at his collar. "Is it... is it hot in here..."

"It's drizzling." Dick rolled his eyes.

"Uh?" Roy looked up only for a raindrop to hit his eyelash. "When did that happen?" he smiled nervously.

Slowly, Dick pulled out his phone. Roy almost screamed. "What are you doing?!"

"Well," he dialed a number as he spoke, each tone resulting from the action making Roy jump slightly. "I'm calling Batman, since he's lying to me."

"No," Roy pleaded with the boy. "Don't."

The Grayson smirked, holding what Roy thought was the most evil, despicable and destructive device in the world, to his ear. "Hello," Dick seemed to draw out the word.

Roy stared blankly at the boy, walking away slowly, head hung down in resignation as he swiftly pulled out his own phone. "Hello?" he sounded like he was about to cry. "Is this 911?"

"Yes," Roy adjusted the unconscious speedster on his shoulder, partly listening to Dick's conversation with Bruce. "This is Red Arrow."

"My emergency?" The archer almost collapsed out of hopelessness. "Batman seems to have lost his mind."

He turned back to see Dick's triumphant grin. "Please hurry!"

The thirteen year old walked to the archer. "He's coming...."

Roy didn't know if it was on purpose, but that sounded really creepy. The oldest brother shivered as he heard Dick's laughter. Damn! Aren't people supposed to be trying to kill him!

At that thought the sound of gunshots rang out and Roy almost dropped Wally in relief. "Thank you!"

"Um, Roy?"

The archer turned to see Dick's confused and equally amused glance, a sheen of pink covered Roy's cheeks as he coughed awkwardly. "I think it's best if The B man takes his anger out on them, before he gets to me..."

Dick nodded in approval. "Good plan."

Roy glared at the boy. This is all your fault in the first place!

"What?" Dick shrugged innocently.

"Nothing," Roy gritted his teeth. "Nothing at freaking all."

Dick smiled brilliantly. "That's great!"

For a moment, Roy's hand reached out to the boy's neck before the acrobat danced away with a sheepish grin. "Are you upset with me, Roy?" Suddenly, Dick was blinking, his arms wrapped around the archer in a hug.

The archer froze between emotions, was he supposed to be angry? All his rage had melted away. Was he supposed to be happy? No, because he was still angry. Or was he.

Roy resolved on glaring at the boy.

Dick blinked. "Roy, I think you're constipated again," the thirteen year old offered 'helpfully', staring at the frozen smile and expression on his brother's face.

"I swear," Roy managed to get the words out slowly. "One day I will kill you!"

"What was that?" A deep voice asked behind him.

Yes, Roy is so lucky that I'm sure you could guess who it was.

The archer gulped.