9

please keep commenting. your comments motivate me more than you guys understand.

*

"Why didn't you come to the party after prom," Molly asked me, as I opened my locker. "I mean I know it was Stevie's and all that, but still."

"I just didn't want to," I shrugged, switching my notebooks.

"I saw you leave with Jason. Did you guys, you know," she trailed off.

"No," I laughed. "We went to IHOP, then he brought me home," I lied. After we ate, Jason brought me to his house. Even though Molly was my best friend, I didn't want to tell her I went to Jason's. She would ask too many questions. I rummaged through my locker, trying to find my calculator when an arm wrapped around my waist. I flinched, and stood, ready to fight, but it was Jason.

"Hey, Babe," he smiled. 

"Hi," I blurted, hugging him gently. I felt everyone in the halls stop and stare. All conversations stopped, and hushed ones began. If there were two things everyone at my school knew about Jason they would be that he was never on time, and never showed emotion. So, for him to come to school not only on time, but early, and hug not anyone, but Vivian Valentine in the middle of the hall was an abomination. Even I was shocked. "What's up?"

"Come with me for a second, yeah?" He asked, grabbing my hand, and tugging lightly. I nodded and followed him, listening closely to the people whispering as we passed. 

"Vivian and Jason?"

"He never treated Amber that good."

"I bet she's only with him for free coke."

"I knew Stevie was right when he said she's a hoe."

I paused when I heard that, and turned, looking for the boy who'd said it. Jason stopped with me, furrowing his brows. I looked around for a bit before locking eyes with an underclassman soccer player named Marlon. The hallway got silent again, as I strode to him.

"Watch your mouth," I growled. "Speaking on things you don't know about is how people get their teeth knocked out." He looked at me like a deer caught in headlights and his friends looked just as shocked.  I turned back to Jason, who was smirking at me and walked out.

When we got out the doors, he threw his arm over my shoulder. "What was all that."

"All what," I asked, wrapping my arms around myself. Even though it was May, the days here started cold but heated by mid afternoon. Jason noticed and quickly began taking his sweater off. 

"Watch your mouth," he mocked, draping his hoodie over my shoulders. I put my arms in and zipped it up thankfully. 

"I'm sick of people trying to speak on things they don't know anything about. No one here can just mind their business," I shrugged. "I have one week left until I'm done with this place, and people are really testing me."

Jason chuckled lightly. "Yeah, me too. And I'm barely there," he confessed. "What are you doing when you leave this place?"

"Not college," I said simply. 

"So what are you going to do," he asked again. 

"A gap year. I've spent 12 consecutive years in school. I need a break," I said. We stopped in front of Jason's car, and I hopped on the hood, sitting criss-cross. He stood in front of me and slimed.