4

After that night I always went to school excited to see Jason. More than that, I was scared. Knowing Jason, he was unpredictable. There was a great chance that he would go straight back to treating me like he did before that weekend. And frankly, I wouldn't be too shocked. I also thought of how he could expose me for what I said about my 'friends', and how I truly felt about them. It would break hearts and ruin my reputation. I was so stuck in my thoughts I barely realized I was at school. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the wave of greetings I was about to receive, and swung my door open.

I only got about five feet from my car when the first good morning was shouted at me. I said it back politely and waved without stopping. I walked straight to my locker, waving at any person I recognized, and opened it, shoving all the textbooks I didn't need in, and dragging the necessary ones out. I sighed lightly as my 'best' friend, Molly came over.

"Good morning," she sang, thrusting a large iced coffee into my hands,. I thanked her and the Lord himself for this caffeine. God knew I needed it after a long night spent thinking about Jason. I took a long sip from the green straw and nearly moaned.

"Chai Tea Latte with an Almond milk sub, just like you like it," Molly chimed. I really loved her. She was sweet, kind, and truly a fantastic friend but we weren't really at the same level of friendship in our minds. Though I put her first, and she was my best friend, she had her own very best friend; Maggie. I had no issue with their friendship but, it stung a bit to know our friendship wasn't mutual.

"Bless you," I muttered, sighing and taking another swig.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she waved off. "Let's go, though, we're gonna be late for English." I nodded, grabbing my copy of Oedipus Rex, and slamming my locker shut. We walked, and I thought about how I conveniently shared this period with Jason, and what the hell I was going to say when I saw him. We walked in, just a little over a minuet early, and took our usual seats in the front of the room.

"Good morning, girls," Our teacher spoke. We were the most well behaved people in his class, as this was one of the most class clown-filled periods he taught.

"Morning, Mr. Becking," we chimed sweetly in unison. Soon after, the bell rang and there was no sign of my study buddy. I was slightly disappointed but more relieved.

I didn't see him the rest of the day either. Not in third period, or at lunch, or in any passing time like usual. I was getting a little disappointed, but I had to remind myself of who he was. After the bell rang, signaling eighth period had officially started, I had given up hope on seeing him that day.

But, Jason was full of surprises, and he sure sprung one on me when he texted me halfway through last period a few weeks later.

Mysterious Mccann: come to the front of the school.

I furrowed my brows at his text and looked up to make sure Mr. Wittmer wasn't looking. I texted him back quickly.

Prissy Princess Vivian: wtf why??? i'm in history lmfao

Mysterious Mccan: quit asking questions and come on

"So blunt," I muttered to myself, grabbing my things and packing up. I walked to the front of the room and tapped on Mr. Wittmer's desk, waking him from his sweet nap. "I'm sorry, I have an appointment, I need to leave now," I spoke sweetly. He nodded sleepily.

"Enjoy your day," he yawned, waving me off. Perks of being a goody two shoes is teachers never question you or your actions, they just let everything slide. I walked to the front of the school, making sure to smile at all the custodians I saw on my way there. I walked right out the front door and down the front steps. Thing about skipping, is if you walk like you're meant to be leaving, they'll usually let you.