Chapter 51 - Dullness

Start from the beginning

That getaway did me a lot of good in any case, even if it ended with sad news. It still recharged my batteries and allowed me to rock A's at all my tests this week, except for a B+ in Math which is still decent. The best news was brought on Tuesday evening after Camden had lunch with Joshua. Daddy wanted to get some advice about colleges where I could study architecture or design.

Knowing that I still don't know exactly what I want to do, Joshua came up with a very attractive offer. He suggested that I spend two weeks at his company among architects, designers and engineers in June after graduation so that I can get a better idea of what each job consists in. Other than the fact that it will allow me to meet interesting people and make my choice, I will be working with Liam and I couldn't be happier about this.

My friend called me on Wednesday during my lunch break while he was also in college and we discussed this very briefly. He told me about his colleagues and the work he does at the company. It sincerely pleased me to hear how eager he is that in about a month time we will be spending a couple of weeks together. By then, his school year will be over and he will be back to work full time. Such great news feels good in this sad period, he said and I could only agree. So right now, I will try my best to work my ass off and get a good GPA, not only to please my Daddy, but also because I want to get the best chances on my side to obtain a scholarship.

This part worries me a lot, to be honest. Camden tells me not to worry about anything but I know that students usually select their colleges much earlier than that and I am a bit scared that my registration will come too late. I don't expect one of those fancy schools because I would never be able to afford one, but I assume that the same goes with less popular universities. Now that I am leading a more stable life - or to be more precise, now that Camden leads my life - I really want to do something with my future. I don't have particularly high expectations, but I want an honest job that will keep me busy and greatly interested; one that I won't mind spending hours a day working.

"Hey daydreamer... we're here..." Camden says softly with a chuckle as he gently shakes my knee. Taking a look at my surroundings, I realize that we are already parked at the rear of the club and that I haven't seen anything of the landscape since we reached the highway out of Lisle.

"Wow, that was quick..." I reply with a sleepy voice.

"Are you sure you want to go tonight, Noah? You look so tired, we should have stayed home," Camden sighs, making me startle.

"No!! I'm not tired! I was just lost in my thoughts!!" I argue with exaggerated enthusiasm. I don't want to go back home now, even if I am really tired. "Besides, I want to see Liam and I can't leave him alone. He told me that Shannon and Mark wouldn't come tonight and I know he has other friends here but I promised him we'd be there..."

"Okay fine, I'll also keep company to Josh and Aaron, but we won't stay too late," he says, leaning over for a brief kiss. We both pull out of the car just when another black SUV drives into the parking lot and stops in the spot next to us. "Speaking about the devil..." he adds with a chuckle as his friend gets out.

"You know what they say about the devil... He has a long tail..." Joshua smirks at him.

"Long doesn't count if it's not thick, dumbass!" Camden comments sarcastically while they greet each other with a hug.

"Yeah, that's why you added some piercings to your dick; it makes it decently thick..." Joshua throws back with a guffaw and I almost burst out laughing.

"I know a certain friend of ours who screamed at the top of his lungs when he felt it and there was no piercing at that time..." Camden chants. Liam has reached my side and is shaking his head in disbelief at our Doms' bickering, but we both giggle at their antics.