19 - Reunion

Chapter 19

***

Ah, yes, I remember this day very clearly; the day of the reunion. It was a very peculiar day, actually. You’re probably wondering what ‘reunion’ I’m suddenly talking about. That day, I remember so clearly, was my reunion with Kakashi, after so long; though it wasn’t really that long, only several months.

Either way, it happened rather suddenly. I was doing my meditating, which helped my control my curse mark, much to my pleasure. I really didn’t like that thing.

Anyway, after about fifteen minutes of meditating, I started hearing voices, and only one of them I recognized, but I found it hard to believe that it was the voice of Kakashi that I had heard.

As the voices inched closer and closer, I started to get a bit nervous. I had ran away from Konoha, but what scared me most was that he would not want me back, that he would confirm my findings and refrain me from returning, even though I didn’t want to return.

At last he reached the clearing and all voices stopped, or maybe I should say, they were silenced by my presence. A smile was brought to my face at the sight of the shock shown in his one visible eye.

He had several others with him who seemed ready to attack at any moment. I remember smiling wider as the others got into their attacking positions, but before they could attack, Kakashi stopped them with a hand.

“Ririn?!” From the look in his one visible eye, I would’ve have said he looked quite shocked.

My smile turned into a grin, and I nodded, confirming his assumption. “What’re you doing out here?”

My smile quickly shrank and I redirected my view to the ground. “To find my voice.” I remember slowly looking back up at him to find total and complete shock in his one visible eye, even more so than when he found me.

After what seemed like forever, he spoke. “I’m guessing you found it”

The grin reappeared and I laughed for the first time in long time. “You’re pretty funny”

My laughter didn’t last long, before I was back to staring at him, and thinking that maybe I was imagining things, or even hallucinating because it all seemed so unreal.

He sighed through his mask; “Why did you leave?”

Startled by the sudden question, I wasn’t able to give an audible answer right away, but eventually I was able to utter a single response; “You didn’t want me”

Almost immediately, his face, or maybe I should say his eye showed complete shock at my answer. “Why would you even think that?!”

I glared at his eye, the one I could see and willed my emotions to stay put instead of jumping around like crazed animals. “I heard it, with my very own ears!”

My curse mark was starting to burn and I knew what that meant, it meant that I needed to calm down before something bad happened, but I couldn’t seem to find it in myself to be calm at that moment.

So as my mark continued to burn, the winds grew harsh and so did my breathing and my voice before everything crashed. All with three words; “I trusted you!”

Before I knew it, I had collapsed and everything seemed to be moving in extra-slow motion. I tasted the bitterness of my blood in my mouth and had no choice but to cough it out.

I barely saw Kakashi rush to my side before I passed out.

Of course, we never know when the end of our stories will arrive, so all we can do is wait; unfortunately for me, my end came much too soon.