07 - Chakra

Woow, that took longer than i thought, sorry for the wait by the way. i wanted to make it longer, but then i didnt want to make you guys wait a whole week for that so here ya go! :)

Chapter 7

***

It took me a few minutes to finally realize that I still had the sharp object in my hand. Almost immediately, I pulled on Kakashi’s sleeve to get his attention and quickly showed him the unidentified object in my hand.

He looked somewhat shocked, but then again, it was hard to tell seeing as I could barely see his face. “Why do you have a kunai??”

At that, I looked at the object it my hand; kunai I could’ve sworn I’d heard that before, I just couldn’t seem to remember where. I decided to forget about it and went to hand Kakashi the kunai, but almost accidentally stabbed him with it. Gasping, I quickly hugged it to my chest, trying my best to convey that I was truly sorry.

It looked like he smiled; “It’s alright” he took the kunai from me, still smiling; “it’s too dangerous for your age”

I frowned; weren’t they my age also??

He looked deep in thought for a few minutes before smiling again. He put the kunai away and pulled me towards his house with him.

It didn’t take long to reach the house. Meanwhile I was somewhat happy that I could finally ask how he had turned into a log earlier. I immediately went to my personal talking pad to writ up my question.

How did you turn into a log before?? I stared at it for a few seconds before Kakashi noticed and grabbed it out of my hands.

Before I knew it, he was laughing. Not a loud hearty laugh, but more like a chuckle. Almost like it was amusing, but not amusing enough to fully laugh at. I frowned as he continued his fit of chuckles.

“You didn’t know??” he asked, looking somewhat shocked from his one visible eye. Almost immediately, my frown turned into curiosity. What was I supposed to know??

“I’m a ninja” he said and motioned to the weird symbol on his headband that covered his other eye. So that’s what it meant… He crouched down next to me and asked; “Are you ninja??”

I had to think about it for a minute; I had no idea what I ninja did, and I didn’t think I had ninjas in my former village. For lack of an answer, I simply shrugged. His smile didn’t falter; in fact, I remember thinking it got wider.

He didn’t even say anything; he just pulled out a small piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me. I held it awkwardly, seeing as I had no idea what to do with it.

“Focus on the paper” he said vaguely, leaving me confused. But nonetheless, I focused and soon enough the paper tore in half. I looked up at Kakashi, shocked that I had ripped the paper without meaning to or even making the motion to. Weirdly enough, Kakashi didn’t seem surprised. He just took the ripped paper from me and put it back in his pocket.

He seemed deep in thought the entire way home and didn’t bother telling me what happened with the piece of paper. I forced myself to forget about the piece of paper and simply followed Kakashi, but I couldn’t get rid of a nagging feeling in the mind telling me that it was more than just a piece of paper.

Because I didn’t want to anger Kakashi, I didn’t do anything to show that I was interested in the piece of paper.  Even still, I have no idea what it means, and I would still like to know.