13 - In the Shadows

Chapter 13

***

From the shadows, I stay hidden, and watched the rather long fight commence. If one had known their relationship, one might’ve thought that without a doubt, Uzumaki Naruto will lose. They were probably wrong, though I could hardly tell. I had no idea who was winning and who was losing. They were both strong and I remember thinking that there was possibly no way of survival if I happened to be there.

As I looked back at the fight, I notice something odd about Naruto. He seemed to be oozing something fierce, almost as if he wasn’t himself anymore, and for a split second, I had the immense urge to run for my life.

I managed to control that urge because I knew that if I was to leave, I might never see Sasuke or Naruto ever again; little did I know that if I had left then, I would just be skipping ahead. Seeing Sasuke and Naruto again is nothing near what happens later in the future, and as I look back now, I wish I had left.

The fight increased in intensity, so much that I couldn’t bear to be near it. Both Sasuke had become an awful monster, but I was happy to see that he had not lost his mind, though it seemed it would not last long, in my eyes anyway.

Naruto had a weird fox-shaped aura type thing surrounding him and his eyes looked much different. Again, I felt the urge to run and again, I didn’t. I was more scared for Sasuke’s life than I was for mine, which was weird considering the type of a person I was.

However, Sasuke had something of his own. He looked even different from his starting point, so much that he looked nothing like the Sasuke I knew, or any Sasuke for that matter, and I was seriously scared that he had lost himself and that I was on my own. Thankfully, this was not true.

The fight went on, and at some point Sasuke grew hand shaped wings on his back. It was seriously creepy and I got major chills from just looking at it. The wings protected him but I had a feeling that wouldn’t last long. I was right.

It got to a point where they each formed some strange jutsu I had never heard of and launched at each other. I honestly thought they would have perished in the blast but thankfully, that was not the case.

So with a heart full of fear and an unmoving body; I watched, from the shadows, as Sasuke’s Curse Mark changed his entire appearance into something that even my words count explain.