Twenty-Two

Draco stood after a week of aching pain in his shoulder blades he finally felt back to normal. Unsure of how to tell his friends what exactly had happened this week.
Harry James Potter. My mate.  How am I going to tell them that?
I'll just have to say it. No explanations.. Just say it. I have to just say it. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Draco glanced back at Harry who was walking down the corridor towards the steps to Gryffindor tower.
"I can do this."

Draco made his way towards the entrance of the dungeons before Theodore Nott stopped him. 

"Hey Draco there are rumors going around that you and Potter are an item. What exactly happened In there?" 

"We came into our creature inheritance. We found out that we're mates and that's all you need to know." Draco explained cooly 

"So you're telling me that the guy you've hated for nearly 6 six is your mate? Talk about irony huh?" Theo laughed. "I know how it goes with mates. I was bitten by a werewolf ya know? Hate it. You get these urges to mate every few weeks. Drives ya made in class." 

"Well I'm glad someone is mildly understanding" Draco sighed 

"Don't worry to much about what everyone else is gonna say. They have no idea that your mate isn't your choice." Theo clapped his shoulder. "To be fair mine is the Irish gryffndor in our year. Just so you feel like you can trust me." 

"Blaise doesn't know?" Draco asked 

"No. Nobody but my parents his parents and you." 

"Has it been easy on you keeping it a secret?" 

"Not for me. For Seamus yeah. He keeps to himself anyway. I hate that girls still flirt with him and me. Hate it so much. I want to scream it from the rooftops but Seamus would rather I didn't do that just yet." Theo chuckled 

"How long have you two been a thing?" Draco asked 

"About a year now. He's not ready for our names to be all over the news because ya know family heir and all that." Theo shrugged