Chapter Four

On my way home, I couldn't stop thinking about my encounter with Mr. Neal. Why had he gotten so angry? I puzzled over it until I pulled into my driveway and saw Brandon there, leaning against his car. His blonde hair was slightly messed up but that only made him look better. He glanced up he heard me pull in and smiled.

I parked and got out, making my way over to him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

He smiled. "I just wanted to come over and keep you company. I know how it feels to have someone you love leave you for their mate and I figured you'd need somebody."

I blinked. As one of the most popualr guys at the school I never expected this but Brandon has always been a sweetheart. "I really appreciate this." I smiled. "Come on in." I unlocked the door and he followed me inside.

"Let me take my stuff to my room and I'll meet you in the kitchen." I said, pointing him in the right direction.

He nodded. I ran upstairs and threw my stuff on my bed, looking in the mirror before I made my way downstairs. When I got to the kitchen, Brandon was leaning up against the counter, texting. He glanced up and smiled, pocketing the phone.

"Want anything to eat or drink?" I asked.

"A water?" He asked. I nodded and went to the fridge, grabbing us both one.

"Than- damn it!" He sputtered as the entire contents of the water bottle spilled down the front of him.

My mouth dropped. "I'm SO sorry." I said quickly.

He glanced up at me and his expression softened. "No big deal, just water." He said. "Do you mind if I put my shirt in your dryer?"

I shook my head, holding my hand out for it. He took his shirt off and I froze, eyes widening. He's beautiful. The feathers started on his back and wrapped around his stomach, ending just above his belly button. "Uh.." I said, shirt in hand.

"Dryer." He teased. I stuck my tongue out at him and ran to put his shirt in the dryer, spinning the knob to 60 minutes. I made my way back to the kitchen, stopping to take a deep breath before I entered. He wasn't there...um. I sighed, he must have left. I guess I'll give him his shirt tomorrow.. I was just about to turn the oven on when I was pinned up against the wall. I looked up, startled. Brandon was standing there, arms on either side of my head, looking down at me.

"I have a confession to make.." He sighed.

"Ok?"

"I've always sort of liked you. But, you were with Derek. I knew better to interfere, exspecially when there was still the possibility you were mates." I winced. He shot me an apologetic look before continuing. "I still haven't found my mate but I'm really hoping shes you. You have what, three months? Give me a chance. Please." He whispered.

To say the least, I was shocked. "Brandon...Derek and I just broke up yesterday, not only is that moving to fast, its a little slutty." I murmured. He still smiled but you could see the pain in his eyes.

"How about I give you two weeks? Then I'll ask again." He asked, hopefully. Now I smiled.

"Sure."

He grinned and his eyes flicked down to my lips. He was fighting with himself. I could tell. So, I did something that was probably incredibly stupid. I went up on my tips toes and pressed my lips to his. He responded immediately. Pressing his body closer to mine, he ran his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. My mind in a haze I granted it. I fought for dominance for a while but finally let him have it. He picked me up by the hips and I wrapped my legs around him.

I couldn't think clearly until I heard someone clear their throat. I gasped, dropping my legs and Brandon stepped back slightly. I looked at the doorway and there strode Derek, hurt evident in his eyes.