Chapter 37- Stronger

Shawna's POV (I know finally a girl's POV)

Minghao has been a wreak since Cindy's death. I know the pain is getting to him. I want to help him, I need to help him. I understand his pain, because I know the darkness all too well. Sometimes the dark wins, but it only wins if you let it. The dark feeds off of your pain and misery, and it wins by you giving up. I won't let Minghao give up. He has been through so much the past 3 days, I will not allow him to be defeated by himself. I knock on his apartment door and I wait. I wait for 10 minutes, before he comes to the door. He has bags under his eyes and a sad gloomy expression. I also noticed the cut marks on both his arms.

"Why are you here Shawna?" He asked sadly as he wiped his red puffy eyes.

"We need to talk Minghao." I said putting a hand on his shoulder. He quickly turned away from me and whispered.

"Come in." He said so low that I could barely hear him. He quickly walked to the couch and sat down. I slowly walked in and closed the door, then made my way to the couch.

"Minghao, when was the last time you ate or slept?" I asked.

"The last day I was at home."

"So there days?" I asked and he nodded sadly.

"It's winning." He whispered.

"What is?" I asked. I then placed my hand on his shoulder.

"The darkness. It's eating me alive. And I can't stop it." He said as tears rolled down his face.

"You can beat it."

"You don't know what it's like." He said.

"Yes I do." I said and he finally faced me with a shocked expression.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"The only two person who knew about this was Riley and Vernon. I'm about to tell you my biggest secret, but you can't share it with anyone. Ok?"

"Ok." He whispered.

"When I was 16, I worked at a movie store. Well one night I was walking home to the house I shared with Nora and Riley. Well suddenly this guy pulled me into an ally and began raping me. I cried and begged him to stop, but he wouldn't. When I got home it took forever for me to tell Riley what had happened. Then after Riley died, Vernon wanted to kill his self. So I then told Vernon the story." I said. Minghao continued to look at me with a surprised expression.

"That's why you and Vernon are always so close." He whispered. "But wait how did you get over the depression? How did you not let the darkness win?"

"Riley helped me, then when she died Vernon helped me." I said.

"Can you help me?" He asked. I smiled.

"Of course I can."

"Thank you." He said and the he hugged me. I rubbed his back. Then we pulled away from the hug.

"Let's get started."

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave me a comment to let me know how I'm doing or to tell me who you would like to hear from next. Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51