Chapter 12-Vernons Greatest Pain

Vernon's POV

I hate this stupid asylum, but then again I disserve this. Riley's death is all my fault. If I had reacted better she would still be here. She would still be with me. Now all i am left with is guilt, stupidity, and memories that haunt me. What would I give to hold her, to kiss her, to tell her I love her one last time, but I can't. I fucked up. I miss her. Just thinking about her makes my heart hurt. It hurts to talk, it hurts to breath. Even her memory slowly kills me. Our first date was perfect, the way it ended was terrible. Maybe I should think about the begining. Maybe that will make it better.

February 23, 2016 (flashback)

I was walked up to where Riley is staying. I could hear the sound of 13 girls giggling and laughing. I knocked on the door and a girl with long blond hair and piercing blue eyes answered the door.

"You must be Vernon. I'm Shawna,but my friends call me Shay." She said as she stuck her hand out for me to shake. I put my hand and hers and shook her hand. She then pulled me close and whispered in my ear. "You better treat her right. Riley is like my little sister and she gas had a hard life. So you break her heart I'll break you." She said as she pulled away with a smile. I smiled in return. I wasn't offended, I actually admire her. She made it clear that she wanted to protect Riley. I didn't know that she would end up being my best friend. The first time I met Shay she scared the living daylight out of me. But she later became my best friend. She helped me plan dates and buy gifts for Riley. I became closer to Shay then I did to any of the boys. Hoshi was ok with that. He loves Shay, but sadly so does Woozi. Shay has never known of Woozi's love for her. If she did she was feel extremely guilty. Shay adores Woozi, but I don't know if she could ever return his love. I hate to say it, but Shay might kill herself if she finds out. She adores Woozi and if she finds out shes hurting him she would be willing to take her own life. I remember when Shay found out Riley killed herself, it almost destroyed her. I don't know about now. All i know is that she is depressed like me. Shay and Riley were like sisters. Shay was deviated over Riley's death. It makes me smile when I think about when I met Shay for the first time. Strong, happy, protective, and extremely sensitive.

As I waited outside for Riley I got nervous. I had never been on a real date before. I then heard her call my name. I turned around and stared at her in awe. She was wearing a light pink dress, with light pink heels, and her hair was curled.

"You look stunning." I said breathlessly.

"Thanks. Shay made the dress for me for my birthday last year." She smiled nervously.

"That was the girl who came to the door right?" I said nervously.

"Yeah. Shes really over protective. She is like the mom of our group. She keeps us together." Riley smiled happily.

"I barely know her and I like her already." I said with a smile as we walked down to the dock. It took a while before i even attempted to reach for her hand. I had made us a picnic on the dock, so we could eat in the moonlight and by the water. Right as we were walking back it began raining, but we didn't care. We danced in the rain and we shared our first kiss. It was as close to a perfect moment that i had ever gotten to.

(flashback ends)

  I slowly pull my knees up to my chest as I breath in slowly. This is killing me. Slowly and surly. I just wish I had her back. I then hear the door creak and I get snapped back into my dark depressing reality. I heard a soft voice.

"Vernon?" I slowly looked up and my eyes widened.

Hey guys! Heres another update. I hope you like it. Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51