Chapter 9: Home?

Edited by @BrookGrace17

Beeping was all I heard. I felt someone's voice talking to me, I then felt that person holding my hand. I slowly began to open my eyes. I looked at the person holding my hand, I saw Antonio. He looked so different, he had bags under his eyes, his hair was a mess and he looked like he was actually crying.

As he was about to stand I held his hand and he turned to me. "Antonio." I said and he sat back down then kissed my hand.

"Kitten you are finally awake. You have no idea how much I missed you." He cried, I felt his tears dripping on my hand.

I wiped away his tears with my hand then cupped his cheek. "Please Antonio don't cry." I said then he laughed and wiped away his tears.

"You have no idea how much I missed your beautiful voice." He said as I tried to sit up.

"What happened?" I asked then everything came rushing back. "They sold me." I added and Antonio looked slightly confused .

"Why and who did this to you?" He asked as he helped me sit up, I looked at him.

"My family." I replied a little hurt.

"Your family? Why did they-" He asked but didn't finish his sentence.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said then my lips turned into a frown.

"Just give me the fucking answer!" He shouted making me flinch.

"Antonio-"

"I'm sorry I shouldn't push it." He frowned then ran a hand in his untamed hair.

"Are you alright?" I asked, he nodded.

I didn't say anything else, I just looked around the room I was in. The walls of the room were a dim white, there was a door which led to the rest room and I was laying on a huge bed with machines connected to my arm.

Dr Davis walked into the room and her eyes lite up when she saw I was awake. "You are awake." she said sounding excited.

"I just woke up. Dr am I going to be fine?" I asked and her smile turned to a frown.

"Um... Well you were in a coma for almost two weeks, you had a lot of injuries. Your entire body was covers in cuts and whip marks, you also had a lot of internal injuries, and a couple of broken ribs but we managed to clean up your wounds and put everything in its place though you may experience some aches often, if they reach to the extent that you start bleeding contact me. I'd advice you to eat a lot and make sure you don't apply too much pressure on your stomach. I will prescribe you the medicine you should take, you will be fine but it will take time so be very cautious about your health. Get some rest, uh Mr Antonio its 8pm so I think its best you also get some rest, I can prepare your room in the nearest hotel, you haven't been taking care of your health."

"That's not needed. Give me the list of every medicine needed." Antonio said looking at me with blood shot eyes then the doctor. The doctor gave him a short list then walked out. "I will get the medicine for you."

"You heard the doctor, you need rest you look like you haven't slept in days." I said holding his hand stopping him from standing up.

"Maybe later kitten." He mumbled, I even felt the tiredness in his voice.

"Please Antonio." I pleaded.

"I said later."

"You could sleep here with me."

"Kitten i-"

"Please." I asked one last time and he agreed then took off his shoes and got under the sheets pulling me closer to his chest. I laid my head on his chest listening to his heart beat.