Not that this bothered Aki at all. He quite liked the Minami himself, though he hadn't wanted to admit it at first.

Parting with her was going to be quite difficult.

"Alright" Kakashi announces. "Let's get back to the others. Everyone will want to know what's going on."

"At least the fighting has come to a standstill" Dashi remarks, stepping forwards to stand next to Kakashi.

As everyone begins to head back towards the battlefield, Naruto looks down at Ashley, who is still sitting on the ground with a flat expression on her face.

".....Can you walk Ashley-chan?" Naruto asks.

".......I don't think so" comes the annoyed reply.

"Here, I'll carry you" Naruto immediately offers, crouching down in front of Ashley, his back facing her.

With her face flushed, Ashley stares at Naruto's back. He wanted to carry her on his back? How embarrassing was that.....

Suddenly, Ashley feels two hands lifting her up by the arms. Glancing over her shoulder, Ashley sees Shikamaru pulling her to her feet, before helping her to climb onto Naruto's back.

"Thanks Shika-kun" Ashley says, smiling self-consciously, as Naruto straightens up, his arms locking under Ashley's legs to hold her in place.

Shikamaru looks away, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Whatever...." he eventually replies, shoving his hands in his pockets as he begins to walk. "Just don't do anything else stupid. It's a drag."

"Give her a break Shikamaru" Naruto berates, marching alongside Kakashi.

The Jonin glances down as Naruto begins a one-sided argument with Shikamaru. Her arms wrapped around Naruto's neck, Ashley rests her chin on top of her arm, the side of her head leaning against Naruto's.

Her half-closed eyes seem to be looking somewhere far off, almost as if she is beginning to fall asleep, though Kakashi can see a ghost of a smile on the girl's face. Almost automatically, Kakashi reaches out and gently places his hand on top of Ashley's head, something that causes her to blink.

Her eyes flick up in surprise, only to see that Kakashi is staring straight ahead. After only a second or two, he removes his hand and places it back inside his pocket. Ashley stares at her Sensei, before letting out a soft chuckle, her face turning a little pink.

It always made her feel happy when her Sensei showed affection towards her. Seeing as Kakashi often acted so aloof, it didn't happen very often.

"Ashley!" a voice cries from up ahead, causing Ashley to look forwards.

Stepping out of the crowd, Sakura runs forwards with her arms outstretched, her green eyes wide and her expression distraught. Behind her, Sasuke also steps into view, his hands in his pockets.

Scattered across the village and uncertain of what to do, the crowd of soldiers and villagers all mingle together cautiously. They speak amongst themselves in hushed voices, their eyes darting around as if expecting something to happen.

They were apprehensive. Sure, the fighting had stopped as soon as Sirius had been singled out by the beast, but where had Sirius gone? And what had become of the powerful beast that was attacking him?

Were they supposed to still be fighting against the apparent enemy?

"Oh Ashley....." Sakura sighs with relief, one hand over her heart as Naruto jogs over to her, grinning brightly. "You're both alright......"