Chapter 80

Third Person's POV

"So" Kiba asks, glancing down at Ashley, "Did you manage to convince Sakura to compete in the Chunin Exams with you?"

"I have no idea" Ashley replies with a shrug, before breaking into a grin, "But she came to me yesterday and said she would. Something must have happened to change her mind."

"Heh, at least you can compete now" Kiba chuckles, upon seeing the devious look on his girlfriend's face. "I guess I don't need to ask if you're excited about it."

"We're gonna dominate those Exams" Ashley states confidently. "With me having survived hell on earth Kyoku and Sakura being trained by Lady Tsunade, no one stands a chance if they get in our way!"

Kiba laughs at this, he and Ashley chatting amongst themselves, speculating about the upcoming Chunin Exams as they walk side by side, comfortably holding hands. Akamaru runs around ahead of them, chasing insects and sniffing at as many rocks and plants as he can.

Ashley watches the Ninken in amusement, noting how much larger he had grown in the last year. He had been such a tiny, adorable pup, and now his head was almost at Ashley's shoulder. The Minami didn't know what Kiba had been feeding him, but Akamaru had certainly had an impressive growth spurt! His once little bark, had developed into a much deeper and more intimidating one as well. Luckily for Akamaru, he at least hadn't lost his cute appearance upon growing taller.

Her train of thought drifting a little, Ashley narrows her eyes and turns her head to look up at Kiba. Her gaze slowly travels up his body, recalling the soft, fluffy jacket he used to wear. He had also gone through a growth spurt in the last year, having had to ditch his signature jacket and replacing it with a black leather one instead.

While Ashley had liked the grey jacket with the fluffy collar, she couldn't deny that the new leather jacket suited Kiba very well. He looked very handsome in it, though Ashley wasn't about to tell the Inuzuka that.

Noticing that he is being stared at, Kiba glances down, a question mark appearing above his head when he sees the look on Ashley's face.

"I know I'm good lookin Angel" he boasts, smirking at the blonde, "But you're gonna burn a hole in my face if you keep looking at me like that."

"......When did you get so tall?" Ashley asks flatly, her expression falling into a deadpan one as she stubbornly turns her head away.

While Ashley barely cleared five foot, Kiba had certainly grown a lot. The Minami had to tilt her head back to look into his face now, with Kiba being a good five inches taller than her.

"I guess I've gotten a bit taller" Kiba laughs, letting go of Ashley's hand to teasingly pat her on the head. "That, or you've shrunk."

"Hey" Ashley growls, swatting his hand away and glaring up at him. "Careful Mutt, or I'll break your fingers.

"It's alright Angel" Kiba assures the Minami, now wrapping his arm around her neck and pulling her into his side. "I don't mind that you're so short. I think you're cute."

"Great..." Ashley mutters sarcastically, pressing her palms against Kiba's ribs and trying to push him away.

Laughing again, Kiba releases Ashley, watching as she huffs and folds her arms over her chest, puffs of steam shooting away from her head, the girl pouting cutely. The Inuzuka smiles to himself.

Ashley had only grown a little taller in the last year and a half, leaving her as the shortest out of all of their friends. While he enjoyed teasing her about it, it wasn't like Ashley's height actually mattered. She had only gotten prettier over time in Kiba's eyes, and her strength and fighting ability had increased significantly.