Chapter 3

Edited 28/06/2015

Ashley's POV

"Sasuke here. I'm at point B."

"This is Sakura, and I'm at point C."

I roll my eyes as my wireless earpiece falls silent, perched on the branch of a tree with my back against the trunk. This is such a stupid mission, I hardly want to even call it such a thing. They're all taking it so seriously though...

"Naruto" the blonde's voice suddenly crackles over my earpiece, the volume making me wince, "And I'm at point A, believe it!"

"You're a bit slow there Naruto" Kakashi comments. "Ashley? Are you in position yet?"

I sigh and glance around, shrugging my shoulders despite no one being able to see me. I don't even remember where my position is. I'm either meant to be in a different tree or under a bush......Or maybe I was meant to be behind a rock? I don't know, it's not like I was really listening when Kakashi was explaining the mission to us. As soon as I heard what we were supposed to be doing, I tuned out.

"My name's Ashley" I mutter into the small microphone near my mouth, "And I'm in a tree."

"Dammit Ashley...." Kakashi sighs, no doubt shaking his head. "Did you forget your position already?"

".....No...." I lie slowly, to which I hear Sasuke scoff. Oh, like he's so damn perfect!

"Our target has moved!" Kakashi suddenly exclaims into all of our ears, my head turning when a nearby bush begins shaking. "Follow it!"

I smirk to myself in amusement as Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke all dive out of their hiding places and give chase to our target, with me flipping down from my tree and trailing behind at a much slower pace.

This ought to prove entertaining.

"It's over there" Naruto whispers loudly, pointing to some rustling bushes. Poised behind two trees, Sakura and Sasuke sneakily poke their heads out, peering in the same direction.

"What's everyone's distance from the target?" Kakashi's voice crackles over the wireless.

"Five meters" Naruto replies, focusing on the target. "I'm ready, just give the signal!"

"Yeah, I'm ready too" Sasuke confirms quietly.

"So am I" Sakura pipes up, sounding determined.

"Alright............." Kakashi trails off, waiting for the right moment. "........Now!"

All moving at the same time, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura leap for our target, with the blonde letting out some sort of war cry. He manages to swipe the small, brown Cat up into his arms, catching it right as it had been about to dart away again.

"I got it, I got it!" he cries victoriously, dancing in a circle and swinging the Cat around. The feline, not appreciating Naruto's vice-like grip, begins to yowl and viciously claws at the blonde's face.

"Can you verify that this is the right Cat?" Kakashi asks Sasuke, strolling towards the ravenette with one hand in his pocket. I walk over to Naruto, examining the ferocious Cat with a deadpan expression.

"I hate Cats" I state, pulling a face at the small creature. They're too fickle for me, though I can understand why it's currently attacking Naruto. He's basically crushing its ribcage with his hands.