Chapter 10

Edited 14/08/2015

Ashley's POV

'There's something weird about those eyes of his....' I think suspiciously, a tiny frown settling onto my face as Gaara turns back to face Kankuro. 'There's nothing behind them. Nothing at all.'

"Did you forget the reason why we're here Kankuro?" the red head drawls suddenly, causing the taller Sand Ninja to give a start, his eyes widening a little.

"Uh, um, of c-course not Gaara!" Kankuro stutters, clearly nervous. "It's just that, well......They challenged us first!"

'He's so afraid of this guy' I muse internally, crossing my arms. 'Why does this Gaara affect him so much?.....'

"See, uh here's what went dow-"

"Just shut up" Gaara orders lowly, cutting Kankuro off and narrowing his eyes dangerously at the black clad male, "Or I'll kill you."

"Uhh.....Right...." Kankuro eventually replies, his shoulders drooping a little. The tiny shiver that runs up his spine doesn't escape my eye either. For such a cocky guy, Kankuro sure gives in to Gaara quickly. Though I can't really say I overly blame him.

While Gaara doesn't scare me exactly, he still gives off one hell of a creepy vibe. Judging by the wide eyed looks on everyone's faces and the way their hearts are beating so fast, they're all feeling somewhat intimidated right now.

"I'm s-sorry Gaara" Kankuro apologises, stuttering as he glances back at the blonde girl with four ponytails in her hair. "I was totally out of line..."

The girl holds up her hands and shakes her head, as if to let Gaara know that she hadn't taken any part in this. Though she's better at hiding it, this girl must be afraid of Gaara as well.....What exactly has he done to make them so frightened of him? Could it be something to do with the Tailed Beast that Hakuba said is residing inside of him?

Gaara ignores his fellow Sand Ninja and turns his head to face us. Ace, sensing that Kankuro is no longer a threat, bares his teeth at Gaara with a snarl. He doesn't like the way Gaara holds my gaze for so long. To a Wolf, that means you're challenging him and Ace won't stand for someone disrespecting or challenging me.

"I'm sorry for any trouble he's caused you" Gaara tells us smoothly, totally ignoring my Wolf as his pale eyes drift between all of us.

In a gust of sand, the red haired male disappears, materialising in front of his team.

"Let's go, we didn't come here to play games" Gaara says, his back to us. Ace doesn't seem to like that either.

"Do not turn your back on Milady" he orders, causing Gaara to turn around, Kankuro and the blonde girl both shivering slightly, "Or I will make you regret disrespecting her...."

I step forwards, gently placing a hand on Ace's shoulder to calm him down. The Wolf immediately ceases growling, sitting back on his haunches and watching the Sand Ninja intently.

"It's okay Ace, they're not the enemy" I assure him, pausing momentarily. "At the moment anyway."

I raise an eyebrow as the three Sand Ninja turn away to leave, when Sakura decides that it's been awhile since she did something stupid and bounds forwards.

"Hold on a sec!" the girl commands, jabbing one hand at the Sand Shinobi's backs and making them pause.

"Ugh...." the blonde haired girl sighs, turning to look back over her shoulder and cast Sakura an annoyed look. "What?"