The Group

Normani's POV

"Hurry your ass up Mani, I'm starving," Dinah said as we walk to the canteen. 

"Would you lower your voice down Dinah?" I told her with slight irritation but she just snickered.

As we entered the canteen, Dinah bolted out to get some food leaving me behind but instead of following her, I made my way to the group's table. 

"Hi, Mani!!" Taylor piped up as she saw me.

The others also turned their heads to my direction.

"Hi, guys", I said as I took a seat beside Ally.

"Where's Di-" Ally didn't have the chance to finish her question as Dinah put her tray full of foods on the table.

"Missed me Smallz?" 

"Nah" Ally replied jokingly while Dinah feigned being hurt.

"Wait where's Lauren?" Ally added as Dinah took a seat beside me.

"I don't know, she was here this morning" I answered while picking fries from Dinah's tray and ignoring her glares.

"Am I hearing things?" Lucy then asked as she looked up from her phone with wide eyes while Vero choked on her sandwich.

I couldn't help but laugh at how their faces looked like but who could blame them? It is literally the FIRST TIME Lauren came to the first day of school since she lost her. 

"I thought she's going somewhere" Taylor added with a confused look on her face.

"Yeah me too," Chris added still not believing what he just heard.

"But the question is where is she now?" Vero repeated the question at hand.

Silence followed through the table.

"Phoenix won the race against Jaguar just this morning" Lucy read from her phone.

"Who the hell is Jaguar?" Vero asked while furrowing her brows.

"I don't know. I haven't heard of that name before." 

"But anyway, how's your first-day so far guys?" Lucy added.

We all then talked animatedly throughout the whole lunch time.