Skill Books?

Age 3

Tamako was at the age that Yoshima deemed her old enough to visit the library with her. They walked side by side with each other, the smaller one looked around her with bugged out eyes— absorbing all the details, it was still the same. Poverty was considered normal here, there were some stalls filled with vegetables and meat, with the occasional sweets and food stands.

Now it wasn't everyday that Yoshima left the orphange, let alone with a kid with her. With the amount of kids in the system, it was honestly a little surprising that Matsuma, the Head Matron, even let Yoshima take a few hours off for leisure. It was only cherry on top that Yoshima liked her so much to bring her alone.

The light-haired girl side-eyed the Matron, glancing at Yoshima with a particular look on her face. She took in the older girl's appearance, dark brown hair tied into a neat bun and hair framing her face. She wore a long dark cloak and white drabs of fabric that loosely wrapped around her neck and shoulders and draped down. It was the standard tradiation Sunagakure garb that nearly everyone they'd passed by wore. It was protective against both the harsh sun, the dusty wind and warm enough once the nights set. The Desert was simultaneously the hottest and coldest place on the Elemental Nations.

At a closer inspection of the state of her clothes, wrinkled and small holes on the sleeves. Her white cloth ensemble was more of a light cream color than white. It was old and used frequently. She doesn't seem like she's got any money to spare...

Tamako's tiny fingers wrapped around Yoshima's thumb as she guided the younger girl to the library, stopping occasionally for a quick wave and a hello. The village was massive. From what Tamako has seen, and from her handy map, Sunagakure was devised into eight districts that were walled off with eight massive walls.

Why eight districts? She hasn't figured that out yet, this was her first time outside afterall. But from what she was able to discern, the walls were more for protection rather than segregation, at least so far. Tamako peered up at Yoshima, surely the woman would know.

She tugged on her thumb, earning a hum. "Why does Suna have so many big walls?" Tamako asked curiously, wrapping her garbs closer to her neck to protect herself from the blow of sand.

Yoshima smiled gently down at her. "Since the dawn of time, this land was a vast wasteland of sand. Every few years we get a devastating Sand Storm that smothers the Village in sand, almost as tall as the Kazekage Tower."

Tamako's eyes widen. The Kazekage Tower was the largest structure in Suna, located at the epicenter of the Village where all eight walls were connected. That's a lot of sand.

"So Shodaime-sama decreed, instead of the whole village to be drown in sand, leaving thousands stuck, we were to wall off the Village in eight sections, trapping the sand in one."

That was a little metal, and if not a bit telling of Sunagakure's whole Will of Wind, or whatever they called it. It was like cutting of the lizard's tail, so the rest of the Village could live on. But that still didn't add up. It almost felt like Yoshima was just telling her a story rather than reason. "But we have those biiiig cliffs surrounding the Village. Only a little sand comes in."

The matron paused, staring at her in muted surprise. She coughed into her fist and continued. "Yes, it was the Nidaime who had crafted the cliffs that protect Sunagakure. He called it, the Ultimate Natural Defense of Sunagakure."

Why was Yoshima not telling her the real reason behind the eight sections of Sunagakure? Was this some sort of Hunger Game-esque? That each district held a different caste system member?

[Quest Alert!]

Objective: Discover the history behind Sungakure's Eight Distrcts