Chapter 18:

Tasha: Two days later Tony left. I was alone in the house. But I had a plan. I had to see what was in the file.

"JARVIS," I said, entering the workshop, "Give me something on what Tony went over in that file."

"He has not given me the liberty to share this information with you, Tasha," JARVIS said.

"Should I give you the liberty?" I asked, "Cause you know full well I can."

"His computer's on the desk miss," JARVIS said. I smiled.

"Thank you JARVIS," I said, curtsying. I walked over to the desk, sitting in front of the computer. I opened the computer and the file.

Inside there were files on each of the Avengers, along side one on Ms. Marvel, a super hero whom had been in hiding, doing small scale work. Then there was the mission.

The mission was this: There was a man who had hacked all the computers, claimed he would make nightmares come true. And they needed him gone before he finished his story. Or in custody. Whatever it would take, SHIELD was open.

It was a poetic, no pun intended, scenario. Ms. Marvel had found him after he had wreaked havoc on New York, turned her into Binary, and ended up saving a planet. Then he had spun back time, making it so it had never happened. All by turning the happening events into a story of his own. Now, he wanted something.

The questions about this guy were on the table:

1. Why? Why had he chosen to do this, possibly ending many civilian lives, and essentially the world. Was it rage?

2. What did this have to do with Ms. Marvel? What did she do to him?

3. How can you stop a person who can change being caught with a whisper?

These were only the three big ones of many. And my dad had gone to make them disappear. But what if something happened. What if all the sudden my world didn't exist. What if Tony got hurt and I had to live with Pepper for the rest of my time? What if he has a motivation to destroy the world with a single sentence, the Avengers getting a front row seat? I hated to imagine how this story could end, and there were too many ways.

I stayed quiet at dinner, the questions still riding in my head. I contemplated each one that came along. But one thing was for sure. Tony wasn't safe. But neither was anyone else in the world.