Chapter 17:

Tony: "Agent Coulson is on the line, sir," JARVIS said one day while I was in my workshop.

"You know what to do," I said, "Voicemail."

"He's at the door now sir," JARVIS proclaimed.

"Well, I'm still down here, so does it look like I'm going to answer it?" I asked.

"No," JARVIS said, "But Tasha is."

"Dang it," I said, bolting up the stairs. I pushed Tasha out of the way to get to the door.

"Wow," Tasha said, "I've never seen you move so fast."

"Ha ha," I muttered, "Could you please be a good child and go, uh, be somewhere else for a few minutes."

"Ooh," Tasha said, "SHIELD huh?"

"What?" I said, "No, just go."

Tasha raised her hands in surrender and walked away.

I opened the door. "Hm," Coulson said, "I'm surprised there's no 'This is the real life model of Tony Stark' this time."

"You didn't let me get to that part," I muttered, "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"I was," Coulson said, "But stuff happened. And that's also not why I'm here." He handed over a computer.

"I have issues being handed things, so sorry," I said, attempting to close the door. Coulson stopped me.

"Why don't you let your daughter take it for you?" Coulson asked, "To my understanding, she has become part of this too."

"Fine," I said, taking the computer, "I'll pretend to go over it, pretend to think about it, then for real turn you down."

"Are you in?" Coulson asked.

"Probably not," I said.

"What about Natasha?" Coulson asked.

"She's defiantly not in," Tony said. I closed the door.

"So what was that about?" Tasha asked, arms crossed in front of her, an angry look flooding her face.

"Oh its Coulson so, you know, he can be a bit," I twirled my finger around my ear, "Coocoo."

"I don't think so," Tasha said, "Around the corner is technically somewhere other than in the middle of the entry way."

"Why can't you be a good child just once?" I asked, huffing.

"So when do we leave?" Tasha asked.

"Um, let's see," I muttered, "How about, uh, never?"

"Oh, sorry," Tasha said, "When do I leave because you're too chicken to fight anymore?"

"You aren't going anywhere. I'll go, but you can't," I said.

Tasha looked very angrily at me, "Excuse me? I heard Coulson and he said I was in too if I wanted, and like I said before, I'm not going to just sit here!"

"Uh, yes, yes you are," I said, "Your not in. Not participating, benched, out, nicht."

"Then why did I even sign up with SHIELD?" Tasha asked.

"I tried to stop you there too. And once you're 18, I don't care what you do. But until then, you can order pizza in, and Netflix has some great 80s movies you can see," I said.

"You don't even know what you're walking in to!" Tasha pointed out.

"If they are pulling in moi, it's too bad for you to be in," I said.

"In which case they need me," Tasha said.

"They'll be perfectly fine without you," I said, "We handled New York didn't we?"

"With millions of dollars in destruction of property and a pretty substantial amount of innocent deaths and injuries," Tasha said.

"But you're alive and not ruled under an Asguardian dictator," I said.

"But maybe with my help you could avoid the casualties," Tasha said.

"If it were possible, I would ride off on my unicorn and let you right into battle," I said, "But its not, so you're not in."

"I'm not going to budge you on this am I?" Tasha realized.

"She comes to her senses," I said, raising my hands in the air. Tasha huffed and stomped off. I went down stairs to go through the file. And I was more than glad she wasn't in.