chapter 18

epilogue

3 years later

"Normani, do me a favor and take Emaya and Felicity to the park for me."

"why can't you do it?"

"i have something to do. i love you so much," Dinah answered, as she ushered Normani and their daughters out of the house.

Dinah waited until she heard the car start before she went to the back and let the girls in.

"we don't have much time," Kehlani rushed, as she pushed through the door.

"i know that, dummy. can you guys help me set up the room? i would also like if one of you could take our kids."

"Lani and i got it. Dinah, you need to set up the bathroom."

Dinah nodded at what Lauren had said and immediately ran upstairs to go fix the bathroom. she found any candles they had and lit them up. Kehlani threw a bag at her which contained rose petals. Dinah threw them around making it look beautiful as well as throwing some in the bathtub that was filled with water. she really hoped that Normani was going to like this because she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Normani. she can't imagine life without her.

"D, we're done!" Lauren yelled, as they heard car doors slamming.

Dinah went into full panic mode and pushed the girls out of the room. they ran out through the back just in time for Normani to open the door. she turned on the lights and told the kids to watch some tv. they obeyed as Normani trailed up the stairs. she saw a couple rose petals on the stairs and immediately furrowed her brows. it led her to their room and she opened the door to see Dinah standing there with a smile.

"what is this?" Normani questioned, as she looked at the room.

"this is for you. we haven't had the easiest relationship but if it was easy, i wouldn't have stayed. it was hard for you to love me because of what had happened when you were in middle school. i understand that but from this moment on, if anyone tries to tell you that you're ugly or whatever, i'm going to beat their ass. Normani, i love you so much and words can not describe how i feel for you. we were going to get married about 8 years ago but that didn't work out," Dinah stopped talking as she got on her knees and pulled out a box. "so Normani Kordei Hamilton, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife? i promise that there will be no drama."

Normani's eyes filled with tears as she nodded happily. she jumped on Dinah, wrapping her legs around Dinah's waist and cried into her shoulder.

"you make me so happy."

"i know i do but you do the same to me. i promise that i'll never stop loving you, Mani. you're the love of my life and i can't imagine life without you."

"i can't imagine life without you even though i had to live with that for four years."

"i'm sorry about that. i truly am but i did what i had to do to stay safe. in the end, it was worth it because i have you, don't i?"

"that you do," Normani responded, as she holds Dinah tighter.

"you have to get off me and get naked okay?"

"are we going to have sex?"

"not necessarily sex. making love yes, but that's not why i'm telling you to get naked."

"you have to get naked too."

"i will," Dinah answered, as she took Normani to the bathroom.

Normani gasped at the sight. candles were lit, rose petals were shaped into a heart with a big one that had the initials D+N in the middle of it. Dinah began to strip off her clothes as Normani followed suit. both were nervous because it was their first time actually doing this especially seeing each other naked. Dinah's breath hitched at the back of her throat when she saw Normani's body.