chapter 14

Normani pov

*4 years later*

exactly 4 years ago, i lost the only girl i loved. three years ago, i married a guy named Thomas Haney. two years ago, i gave birth to a little girl named Felicity Hamilton. 1 year ago, i divorced Thomas and gained custody of my daughter.

"mommy, where daddy?"

i picked up my daughter and set her on my lap, as she chewed on her necklace. i took the necklace out of her mouth before moving her hair out of her face.

"i don't know, baby."

i gave her her pacifier as someone repeatedly knocked on my door. i got up and went to the door. when i opened it, there were police officers.

"are you Normani Hamilton?"

"yes, why?"

"Thomas Haney was in a car accident. you're his emergency contact in his phone."

"he's dead?"

"i'm afraid so. he was D.O.A."

"can i identify the body before i bury him?"

"of course, would you like to come now?"

"let me grab my phone and then we can go."

he nodded as i rushed to get my phone. Felicity started crying because she dropped her pacifier so i just grabbed her bottle. i locked up before getting in the police car.

on the way to the morgue, i saw a tall tan blonde woman playing with a little kid at the park and i could've sworn that it was Dinah. i shook my head to get rid of that thought. Dinah is dead. there's no way that she could be alive. i'm probably hallucinating. when we got to the station, i carefully picked up my sleeping daughter. i followed the officer as he took me into this room. i instantly felt sick upon entering. dead bodies aren't my thing.

"this is him." the officer said, lifting up the sheet.

it was him. oh god, my two year old doesn't have a father anymore. what am i supposed to tell her?

"daddy?" Felicity cried, as i realized she was awake.

i quickly hid her face and walked out. i tried to soothe her but she wouldn't stop crying.

"when would you like the funeral?"

"we can do it this saturday. call all of his friends, any of his family that you can find, and his coworkers."

"yes ma'am."

"see you then."

"yes ma'am. would you like me to drive you back home?"

"no, it's okay. i'll get a friend."

"okay." he said, hesitantly.

when i left the morgue, i dialed Zendaya's number but it went straight to voicemail. i called Tori but it did the same exact thing. i called Camila, Ally and Lauren but they didn't answer. i didn't want to call her but i needed to.