Leaving Malta

Chapter 1 :

So, my name is Emily and I live on a very small island in the Mediterranean seas, so small that you probably never heard of it and its called Malta. Today, in the middle of January I’m at the airport waiting to board the plane to London to go live with my auntie forever. I was 17 years old and this was my first time of flying alone but I wasn’t nervous or scared. My mum was saying endless things about being safe and stuff like that while I fiddled with my hair and concentrating on everything except on what she was saying , I was tired of hearing those words over and over again , ‘’ be careful ‘’ , ‘’ don’t do this ‘’ , ‘’don’t do that’’ . ‘’Mum , I’ll be fine ‘’ I said trying to shut her up , ‘’ I’m going to miss you baby girl ‘’ she said to me with her eyes twinkling with tears , she hugged me tightly and I was about to die there in the middle of an airport due to the lack of oxygen I could take from my mum’s hug . ‘’ Mum, I better go now, bye I’m going to miss you ‘’ I hugged her one last time before I left. As I was walking I turned around and my mum stood there like she was letting her child go for the first time to kindergarten except I was leaving to another country. I went through the passport patrol and when I reached my gate I hadn’t had chance to sit, when the assistant on the microphone announced that my plane was boarding. 13C , 14C , oh 15C , found my seat , I sat down and opened the magazine I bought from the book shop at the last minute. ‘Please put on your seatbelts and be ready for landing’ finally after 3 hours of sitting next to a smelly old dude, I was breathing the fresh air of England. As I whisked my way through the arrivals I noticed a middle aged women with a teenage girl the same age as me next to her who were familiar , as I got closer they saw me and immediately ran to hug me .