9. Liar

"What are you wearing?" My mum asks while she watches me walk downstairs in my short jogging pants and a loose shirt.

"Uhm? Its Saturday and its pretty hot today" I mumble and look down at my outfit.

"Go and change, Karen will be over soon" She says and then walks in the living room. I follow her.

"What?" I say.

"I asked, if they would like to come over, since its pretty hot indeed and we have a pool" My mum explains. "Now go change" She adds.

When I walk upstairs I knock several times at Colins room door before I open it. Just to see that hes not there. I cant believe that he is out and Im not.

So, I quickly change, while thinking of a place to go.

I obviously dont really want to stay. But when I hear the doorbell I know that its too late.

I hear Aaliyahs giggle, which means Shawn is probably here too. I did such a great job with ignoring him.

We didnt talk at all after that day we walked home from school. So, I guess I will just spent the day in my room and sweat myself to death.

Or at least I believed that, till I hear someone run up the stairs, giggling. So I open my door and see a cheeky smiling little Aaliyah stand there.

"Your mum said that you will go into the pool with me" She smiles up at me. Theres literally no way for me to say no.

"Just give me a moment" I say and watch her walk downstairs again.

I quickly change into my bikini and throw a long shirt over it. Yet walking downstairs with my phone and a towel in my hands.

"Hi" I mumble as soon as I see Karen and my mum in the living room.

"Yay" I hear Aaliyah and then she drags me out into the direction of the pool, walking past Shawn who is just sitting there on the couch.

As soon as my shirt left I make sure to get right into the water and this little cute kid does too. We stay in here for a while, till I see Shawn in his white shirt.

"Aaliyah, mum needs you for a second" Shawn says and walks a bit towards us, but she doesnt really want to leave.

"I think I heard her say something about Ice cream" Shawn explains, obviously lying to get her out. And it works.

I wipe some water out of my face and turn around, not looking at him. I feel my heart pumping, hoping that he leaves, but he doesnt.

"Could we talk?" I hear him.

"I dont know" I mumble, closing my eyes once tight before I turn around and look at him, still in the water.

"I just want to know what I did wrong" Shawn says, looking down at me. "Because I really cant figure it out myself" He adds.

I stay silent for a while, thinking.

"You did nothing wrong" I lie, yet seeing that Karen walks out.

"Why dont you go in?" Karen looks at Shawn. "Dont be shy" She laughs and then walks back inside, making me laugh too and Shawn blush a bit.

"Im not shy" He clarifies.

"Could you please tell me what it is?" He asks again.

"Okay" I give in and swim a back a bit.

He takes the hint and gets rid of the shirt. I try to not stare at him, looking away for a second.

"Okay wow, this is amazing" Shawn comments and then dives down into the water with his head. I couldnt help but laugh when I see him come back up with drenched hair.