Suicide Squad: The Circus is in Town

Comenzar desde el principio

Jungkook hummed, "Soon..." His voice drifted as he smiled wickedly. He glanced over at the minions that slowly made their way into the room, "Taehyung is currently headed towards Two-Face."

"Two-Face has been a bit dramatic since you ruined half his face." Zico smirked.

Jiho shrugged, "And his fiancé—or was it his wife?" He chuckled before he sat down, "Boss, I'm starving." He looked at Chanyeol, "You got anything to eat around here?"

Chanyeol nodded before he walked off to get some food.

They sat around the lab—except Jungkook, he stood by the monitors, watching Taehyung. Chanyeol smiled as he handed everyone takeout, "I only have water." He said before he passed everyone a water bottle.

Kyung took the bottle and half smiled as he ate quietly.

Yukwon hummed contently as they ate in silence for a few minutes, but then he stared at Chanyeol with curious eyes, "There's something that I just don't understand." He started. "How the hell did you get into the business—no offense, but you're kind of soft."

Jiho slurped on his noodles and he nodded in agreement, "Seriously, you don't look like criminal type."

Chanyeol's hand froze for a moment, and he lowered his gaze while he thought for a moment.

"You don't have to answer that." Jungkook's deep voice broke the silence, but he missed the way Chanyeol's eyes lit up in admiration.

Chanyeol's cheeks were tinted pink as he glanced at Jungkook and then he looked at the minions, "I don't mind answering." He shrugged and then proceeded to clear his throat. "I didn't want this life—actually I wanted to find a cure for cancer. Well, multiple diseases to be honest, and I went to school for many years. To be honest, I've always loved science..." His voice drifted, his heart racing when he noticed he had everyone's attention. All five minions were circled around him and they stared at him, patiently. Chanyeol swallowed dryly, "I was never close to my family—my sister was the complete opposite of me. She wanted an easy life—easy access to money." He chewed on his lower lip.

"Was she older?" Taeil asked quietly.

Chanyeol shook his head, tears welling into his eyes, "She was my baby sister." He sniffled, "She dated an older man—fell in love with him, even. He used, abused and manipulated her—he sold her. She somehow escaped, and found me." He shook his head again, "I tried to help her as best as I could, but she was never the same after that. She yearned for revenge, and she got it. She killed him, but that was only the beginning."

"It changed her." Zico commented.

Chanyeol nodded, "Yeah, it changed her. She became a thief, and a murderer." He glanced at The Joker, "She admired you, boss. She didn't smile much anymore, but when she saw everything you'd do to this city—it gave her hope." He nodded. Jungkook looked at him for a moment. "She would ask me to do favors for her, and at first, I'd refuse, but then I couldn't stand to let her down." He shrugged, "I never wanted to be stuck in this lifestyle, but for her, I'd do anything." He wiped his eyes and smiled sadly, "She died because she was careless..." his voice drifted off and he shrugged weakly. "It's scary when you realize how much you love someone...to the point where you're willing to do anything to bring them back."

"You tried to bring her back?" Zico's eyes widened slightly.

"Yes. I worked day and night trying to find a way to bring her back." He shrugged as tears slipped from his eyes, "And I found it." His voice shook, "I found a way to bring someone back from the dead, but I was too afraid. I was too afraid to go through with it because I knew that she wouldn't be the same anymore." He sniffled, "I tested on countless animals until I got it right, but I was scared." He paused. "Humans are delicate, complex creatures, and I was just terrified of what would happen...if I brought her back."