I gasp. "Krispy Kreme?"

"Duh," He replies. 

"Suddenly my respect for you just got raised," I laugh, getting up.

"So you did have respect for me? Interesting," He smirks.

"Don't ruin the moment, Brock," I interrogate.

"Fine, but why are you standing now?" 

"C'mon, let's go!" I wave.

"Now?" He questions.

"Yes, now! Don't just sit there, get up! You're taking me to Krispy Kreme!" I exclaim, dragging him by his wrist. 

"The things I do to be nice..." He mumbles. 

"First time you're doing something nice..." I reply under my breath. 

We hop into the elevator and it was so awkward now that we're not a thing.

I mean, we never were a thing.

Or friends.

Might as well try.

We get into his car and the first thing he said is, "So, is the car pact still on the table?" 

I roll my eyes, "No. It was wiped off the face of this planet."

He grins, "You sure?"

I deadpan, "You have a girlfriend."

"Yes, but the car pact states-"

I cut him off, "Okay, maybe this was a mistake." I begin to unbuckle my seat belt and exit but he grabs my hand.

"Wait! No, I really want to repay you, Ash. I can't if you just leave," He frowns.

I glare into his ocean eyes, "You swear not to make any moves?"

He nods, "Course."

"Alrighty then," I sigh, strapping myself back in. 

He smiles and starts to drive. 

/////

Colby and I were making some nice small talk in the car. 

God, I'm trying so hard to think of him as nothing more than my enemy or at most, my friend. However, I'm failing miserably. I keep getting tongue tied. I try to make things flow but I just stutter and stumble on my words. 

Like all of them.

The awkwardness was not fading away. 

Could he tell?

After we got out the car, I was mentally slapping myself upside the head. It was such a shitty conversation but at the same time, I thought it wasn't terrible when it was shitty. 

See, that doesn't make any fucking sense, whatsoever.

It's like riding on a Ferris Wheel and you really want the guy or girl to kiss you at the top, but you just keep spinning and spinning and next thing you know, the ride is over and you didn't get your kiss. 

All you earned from that Ferris Wheel ride was awkward but funny conversations that you weren't too sure about and maybe an arm around your shoulder, but that was it. 

You try and try to make him kiss you, but it doesn't happen. 

How tragic that is. 

Why?

Because Ferris Wheels are made for girlfriends and boyfriends to have a romantic time. 

But not getting that kiss...