fifty-three.

"Just came back from the grocery store, you're welcome!" I shout at Ellie.

"Thanks," She laughs, coming to help me put food in the fridge.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" I ask her.

"Colby and I are going to the zoo while you and Sam go on that date," She winks. "We won't be home in case ya guys take it back to the apartments."

I cringe, "He is injured. No. None of that, thanks."

She laughs, "Do you think you'll ever lose your V card?"

I sigh, "I haven't found someone I love yet. When maybe I'm in love, I'll think about it."

"I was in love once," Ellie ponders

"And you've done it, I get it," I tease, giggling.

"Shut up, that was actually a mistake with Johnny," She retorts, smacking my arm with a bag of toilet paper.

I laugh, teasing her even more, " 'No, I'm serious, Ash! I think he's the ONE!' "

"You're so annoying," she groans.

"Oh yes I am," I grin, finishing putting all the food in.

"So you and Sam are going to get dinner or anything like that tomorrow?" Ellie says, changing the subject.

I think about it for a second. Would we?

"Erm, I don't know?"

"It's a date, you can't have popcorn and licorice for dinner," She laughs.

I smile, "Yeah maybe we will hit up Mickey D's for a burger and fries."

Ellie shakes her head, "You guys aren't just hanging out, McDonald's is not the answer!"

I giggle, "Oh fine, mother. We will go to like In N Out, their burgers are top notch known in California. Super high class. Grade A shit. Best beef in the whole state. Grilled to perfection."

"I fucking give up with you."

/////

It's almost time.

I'm meeting up with my "date" in about an hour and I'm half ready.

Sam doesn't mind if I just go in some sweatshirt and plain leggings right?

Whatever, it's casual, I look cuter in casual clothes.

I grab my black purse and keys and exit my apartment.

As I walk out to the parking lot and to my car, why didn't I just drive Sam myself instead of meeting him there? Wow, we are stupid for not being great planners.

I hop into my BMW and start my engine. I decide to text Sam.

A: omw to the theater, c u soon:)