eleven.

It's been about three months since Sam and I have been dating and I think I'm actually getting over Colby.

I think I love Sam.

And I hope he loves me too.

Sam and I were in his room, hanging out. We were both sitting comfortably on the bed, talking, while Grey's Anatomy was playing on Netflix. He suddenly turns around and looks me straight in the eyes. I could feel myself tense up, hoping for him say he loves me. He has been the best person to hang out with, I love to laugh and go places with him.

Is that love?

"Ashlyn Neil, I've been meaning to tell you something for such a long time..." He begins to say. He grabs both my hands and kisses my knuckles softly. I begin to blush at his cuteness.

"Yes?" I ask, smiling.

As he begins to speak, his face, his appearance, everything about him, begins to change. His golden hair faded into a dark brown shade and his clothing was swapped with black skinny jeans and a black sweatshirt. In fact, his face, wasn't even his anymore.

Sam wasn't even the person that sat before me three seconds ago,

the person was Colby.

"I hate you."

"Colby?" I asked, shocked.

"Who does it look like I am?" Colby says, yanking his hands from mine. "If you thought we would ever be together, stop thinking. Honestly, just kill yourself. You've only competed against me to get close to me, but of course you lost every event in our competition."

"That's not true," I murmur, looking down into my lap.

"You're a bitch to think that. Yes, it's true. I'm better and I always have been."

"Why tell me this now?" I say, tears brimming my eyes.

"At one point in my life, I thought of you as someone I could love," He rudely says.

My mind got confused at this information, he thought of me as something more too?

"But then I remembered, you're just an annoying asshole who loves to take away other people's happiness," He finishes.

"Colby Brock, I know you. You're not actually this cruel," I stammer, now actually spewing tears.

"Oh but you don't. You're selfish, face it." He stands up and all of a sudden the scene changes. We're at the mountain we were at, the day Ellie and I showed him and Sam around California.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I question, looking around, "This can't be happening."

Colby walks by the ledge where he and I took our first picture together, when we could've been friends.

"Remember this? I thought of liking you, but then I remembered I had your hot best friend to fuck with," He says, crouching over the spot.

I start bawling quietly, "Colby, take me back, fucking now." I bury my face in my hands.

He walks over to me, concerned. "Don't cry baby, I want to see your beautiful face." He picks my hands off of my face. I look up into his eyes, believing his words. Oh how stupid I am.

He smirks. A devilish smirk. A menacing smirk that will rattle all the organs in your body.

"You thought," He steps away from me, "In Highschool, did you ever think about the opportunities you ripped away from other kids? Ellie, for example. She could've been more popular than you, she could've felt like she was worth something."