twenty.

My heart aches.

My brain craves.

My stomach twists.

And every other part of my body wants to touch you.

I can't help but feel drawn again.

Do you need an update on my life?

Ever since that night at the party, I don't know whether I should feel awkward or happy every time I see Colby. Our group still hangs out all the time and it's been about five days later. He admitted to me that he wanted to kiss me but ended that conversation with, "But, we are still rivals."

And it drives me insane.

I want Colby, and it really is shitty when you end up liking your rival, your friend's best friend, and your best friend's boyfriend.

Like what the fuck is wrong with my emotions, why can't I like Sam, fall for an LA boy, and become friends with my rival?

Later that night, I remember the bitter vibe that was coming from both of us. We were the only sober people out of the four of us. Ellie was bent, and Sam was just too tired to function. Colby had no drinks so he drove my car, while I sat in the passenger so he could figure out how to get back home. The only time we spoke to each other during then was when I told him to take a right, left or keep going straight. It was useless to ever think that he could like me.

Colby hates me, might as well give up trying.

Not that I was even trying in the first place.

/////

A thunderous knock sounds on the door, that definitely startled me.

"GUYS! OPEN UP, BIG NEWS!" Somebody shouts, who I assume is Sam.

I swear to god, I did think a burglar was trying to break in.

"YEAH! ELLIE, ASHLYN, GET OVER HERE!" Colby yells.

I slowly stand from my position on the couch and groan from having to get up.

"ALRIGHT, I'M COMING," I yell back, jogging, to open the door.

"What, guys it's like ten o'clock in the morning?" I sigh, looking at the two excited boys.

"WE HIT A MILLION FOLLOWERS ON VINE!" Sam and Colby both yell.

"OH MY GOD, CONGRATULATIONS GUYS HOLY CRAP!" I scream, now getting equal as much excitement as them. I spread my arms and we all get into a group hug while jumping up and down and laughing.

"What's all the commotion?" A tired Ellie walks out her room in pajamas and rubbing her eyes.

"WE HIT A MILLION FOLLOWERS ON VINE!" We all yell except I said 'they' not we.

"OH MY GOD YOU GUYS HIT A MILLION FOLLOWERS ON VINE!" Ellie screeches, running to join the group huddle.

The four of us just bounce to our own sound of laughter for a good ten minutes. We all pull away, still smiling and congratulating. I give Sam a hug, Ellie a hug, which was kind of unnecessary, and then Colby a hug.

But I then realize it was Colby I was hugging.

Colby and I immediately felt awkward, so we both pull and turn away from each other.

No matter how much I wanted to continue to feel his embrace again.

"So... we gotta celebrate guys!" Ellie howls.

"Yeah! We so need to throw our own party!" Sam excitedly says.

"We could rent a place by the beach and celebrate there, since the apartment might be too small," I suggest.