S E T T E

I look at myself in the mirror smoothing down the ends of my dress. The silky satin scarlet red dress matching with the velveteen red heels. My hair cascading down my back in ringlets.

I look good. Not to mention feel good.

I smirk a little. This dress is also perfect to conceal weapons in with the high low design. I'm hiding two small knives under my ass. My trusty gun and a extra gun in the enfolds of my dress.

Plus three throwing stars with two blades holding up my hair in an elaborate half up half-down style.

Once an assassin always an assassin.

I coat my lips in a Taylor Swift style red and finish the final touches of my make-up.

Cain comes bursting through the bedroom door distractedly. "Raina are you ready yet? I know you don't wanna go... " Cain rambles off finally meeting my gaze checking me out. His eyes making me feel more exposed than when I was parading around in my underwear all week.

As he unabashedly gives me a once over I decide to do the same. He's looking sharp as usual dressed to kill and my heart rate quickens.

Cain is wearing a black tux with a black bowtie looking impeccably handsome. His black hair neatly slicked back reminding me of Charlie Puth on Nine Track Mind's cover.

He shaved, his morning stubble now gone his heady scent around me. The smell of spearmint and English Blazer with a hint of cigarette smoke fills my senses.

Forget a bullet wound I'm gonna die of a heart attack caused by his looks. "You look breathtakingly beautiful Raina Chase." Cain says snapping me out of my future cause of death thoughts.

Cain for once inflates my ego and I, the queen,  decide to indulge him. "You too look impeccably dashing Cain Romero." I say and he laughs. "Indulging me kitten?" He asks with a knowing grin and I smirk at him. "You know me too well." He laughs a deep throaty laugh that makes me want to kiss the brains out of him.
It's gonna be a long night. A very long night if he continues to look at me like that and expect me not to do anything.

"So what exactly is out aim tonight." I ask once we're in Cain's Lamborghini. His eyes on the road and his hand on the wheel, enjoying the serenity.

"We have to find out if we can sniff any turncoats out and befriend them. Try to figure out what exactly it is they're trying to do." He says firmly. "And stop them." I add.

"What are we going to do about the traitors?" I ask and he clenches his jaw. "I was told to let them be and make no contact under any circumstance."

That makes sense. If I had traitors in my midst of want them to identify their accomplices too... but seems like Cain doesn't agree. "They never told me anything... " I shrug nonchalantly and Cain groans. "I beg of you please don't do anything stupid."

I flutter my eyelashes, "Why whatever do you mean? I'd never do anything to find traces of traitors!" I say innocently and Cain watches me wearily before saying something that suspiciously sounded like 'drama queen' but even he isn't stupid enough to say something like that. Is he?

"We're here." He says softly. "Hey." I look at his mesmerising whiskey eyes. "Be careful out there. It can be overwhelming." Something told men he wasn't just talking about the media sharks.

I smile wolfishly, "Assuming this is my first rodeo." Cain laughs. "Hey, I'm gonna be alright." I say to him seriously, cupping his face in my hands and he nods.

He worries too much about me, determined that I don't end up like his sister. Arabella was important to him and now I am too. I confess, I haven't been entirely honest in my feelings - I like Cain... a lot, but I also haven't moved on (I can't be in a relationship right now - I'm so not ready). Fortunately, I was given a patient one that unabashedly told me that he'd take what he could get with me. A conversation we should rehash posthaste.