Pre-show Carnival

Start from the beginning

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

(Y/N) POV- 6:30 PM

Bruce and I's makeup were unprofessionally done by a clown. Not surprised my makeup was inspired by a clown as it was being done by one!!! The clown covered my eyebrows and face with heavy white powder, it almost looked like snow. Clouds of powder and dust polluted the air and my nostrils as they were making their final touches with paint powder. Jerome came over marveling at the work he had done on my face, his hands grabbed my shoulders, as his head peered in over the top of my shoulder. We both stared at each other in the mirror across from me. "Ahhh, look who's ready for our show! Beautiful, beautiful work done over here!!! Now how's Brucey's makeup going?" Jerome took a slow stroll over to Bruce's chair.

 "Eh, still looks pretty dull" he chuckled "we just need one more thing" Jerome pulled out his blade from earlier, drew it close to Bruce's neck then jabbed it into the makeup artist

"Eh, still looks pretty dull" he chuckled "we just need one more thing" Jerome pulled out his blade from earlier, drew it close to Bruce's neck then jabbed it into the makeup artist. The clown groaned in pain, "Ahh shut up you big baby" he threw his hands out as if it wasn't a big deal, Jerome then dabbed his finger to the blood that was coming out from the man's wound, and dragged it across Bruce's lips, making a frown with it. "Let's turn that frown upside down Bruce. What'dya say? Let's go play some games now..... " I saw Bruce's lips curl in from disgust.

"First game- dunk tank!!!" He juggled a baseball in his hand, throwing it in the air a few times to prepare himself to aim for the target on the side of the tank, "You won't get away with it." Bruce interrupted his training. "Shush kid I'm trying to concentrate!" he huffed, spitting on the ground for good luck. His arm swung back and forth collecting energy, "SOoo- what's the point?" I could tell Bruce was trying to stall Jerome, "The point is... these are the people that wash your car, pour your coffee...every...single...day... they've just had enough and wanted to show their true colors."

 Bruce intervened as he gritted his teeth "That's not true there are good people in Gotham"

Bruce intervened as he gritted his teeth "That's not true there are good people in Gotham". Jerome wheezed himself into a laugh, "Like who? Face it kid... Gotham has no heroes...".

Bruce's facial expression changed from empowered to discouraged within a matter of those 4 words

Bruce's facial expression changed from empowered to discouraged within a matter of those 4 words. The ball flew back up in the air for one final toss, Bruce somehow managed to cut loose from the grips of the men who held him back and pushed Jerome causing him to loose balance and miss his target. "UH!-" Jerome grunted, "Did you see that? He pushed me! That's a foul!" he told a random member. Bruce was now full of anger from head to toe, "You want to kill someone?! well lets GET ON WITH IT!" he rattled his body, a yawn came out of Jerome. "Ahh, you're so boring Bruce.." his hand pushed in the target button. "NOO!" Bruce and I harmonized in screams as the innocent man lost his life. Jerome mouthed the words 'Sorry', but you could tell the man had no remorse for the heinous crime he just commited. Someone popped up out of nowhere and handed Jerome a stapler for the loose skin flapping around with no staples keeping it in place. Jerome screeched in agony while attaching his face together with the stapler. "Did that hurt?" Bruce sarcastically spat out, "Not much, you try." Jerome trotted over our direction, bringing up the stapler to Bruce's exposed arm, forcefully pushing it into his skin. Bruce clenched his eyes shut tight as well as mine when the first staple went in. Jerome was surprised at Bruce's uncanny reaction to being stapled, so he continued further up his arm,

 Jerome was surprised at Bruce's uncanny reaction to being stapled, so he continued further up his arm,

"STOP JEROME!" I unconsciously blurted. Jerome crawled over my way, "Aw, wanna take one for the team?" he stroked my cheek, lightly fidgeting with my hair, "Let Bruce go and I'll go where ever you're going after the show." His smile was stretching further than ever before, "Now That's a great offer.. I'll think about it sweet cheeks." he tapped my nose. " Now... enough dilly dolly.." he slowly brought his hat up to his head...""to the main event!!"

""to the main event!!"

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N- OMG ITS BEEN WAY TOO LONG SINCE I'VE UPLOADED! I apologize I've been wanting to update but haven't been able to since we have company over. I'm hoping to get some new chapters up over the next few days, and hope you enjoy this new chapter as well! I've missed being on here, chatting with you guys, and writing new chapters of course!! Hope to update VERY soon!!!