Arrival

Bruce P.O.V.

"Hey Alfred." I yawned just waking up. crime around here has been going down a lot, so I have some extra time to sleep in the mornings.

"Goodmorning Master Bruce." Alfred nodded to me in acknowledgment. I smiled and chuckled a little. I started to walk towards the kitchen when I heard a knock on the door.

"Alfred can you get that? I want to make breakfast today. I hardly ever get to do that anymore." I smiled at him.

"Of course Master Bruce." he bowed and went to go open the door. I heard tires screech and car doors slam. It was probably some news crew or paparazzi waiting for me.

I went to the fridge and grabbed the eggs, tomatoes, sausage and butter.

As I was closing it I heard a gunshot.

My head snapped forward so fast I thought my neck would break. There was a loud 'thump'. I waited and listened to the door slam and shoes scurry across the floor. I heard Alfred scream, scared.

"Master Bruce! Master Bruce! Oh God-HURRY! PLEASE!" I've never heard so much panic in his voice before. I sprinted to the front door and skidded to a halt. I saw Alfred clutching a boy in his arms, bleeding from some kind of gun shot. He was pale and unconscious.

"Shit! Alfred, what happened?!" I asked in shock as I ran to them both and checked the boys pulse. His heart was beating but it was faint, I was hoping it wasn't my imagination. I pulled off my shirt and held it tightly against his wound. I picked him up fast and gentle.

"Alfred. Get all if the medical supplies you can and meet me in the Batcave..." I said, he scurried off quick. "...and hurry!" I yelled as an afterthought when he started getting more pale.

I quickly got him to the cave through the living room entrance.

Once I was there I layed him down on an empty table and tried to wipe off as much blood as I could. I checked his pulse again. It was painfully slow. I thought I was going to lose him, but Alfred came rushing in only moments later.

"M-Master Bruce, this is the only thing I could find..." he blabbered. It was rubbing alcohol, tweezers, cotton balls and a first aid kit. It was more than enough. I took of his shirt, most of it was now a deep red. I poured the rubbing alcohol on his chest and grabbed some cotton balls. I took all of the blood off of him...I was so focused on cleaning all of the blood off of him until I heard Alfred gasp loudly beside me.

"What is it Alfred?" I said distracted, but looking at him. He pointed a shaky finger to the boy. I looked over and gasped as my eyes widened.

The boy was covered in scars! But what scared me the most were the big ones. The little ones looked like battle scars, or scars from an accident. But there was also the giant Y on his chest, going all the way down to his stomach...then there was scars just below both sides if his rib cage...

It was horror.

"...what happened to him?" I wondered aloud. I quickly grabbed the wrap, coming back to my senses. I wrapped the left side of his collar bone, just where the heart is. The shot from the laser was thick, at least a five inch diameter, but wasn't too deep, so it didn't hit his heart...but he still lost a lot of blood.

I went over to a nearby chair and slumped down in it...I was exhausted. Alfred did the same thing, for once in his life forgetting about posture.

"Sir...what will we do when he wakes up?" Alfred asked me timidly.

"Shit, I forgot about that part...lets just take him back upstairs, he seems stable enough. Well...he has some color back at least..." I mumbled, eyes still fixed on the boy.

We took him back upstairs, took him to a spare room that had a bed, layed him down, and waited.

...........Time Skip...........

He was on the bed for 15 hours straight. I thought he was in a coma, but he started to thrash and roll around. He was screaming bloody murder. I tried to hold him down, but he was too strong. He eventually rolled off the bed, and that woke him up.

He bolted up, wide blue eye opened in panic. He was panting hard and clutching his chest. I ran over to him. He looked at me like he was a caged animal, and backed up to the wall. He started to shake violently. His eyes were locked on mine.

"Please...don't hurt me..." He asked me in a small voice. I started shaking my head. What has this poor boy been through?

"Hey. Hey. It's okay, you're safe." I told him in a soothing voice, picking him up and laying him on the bed. He was still shaking. He looked up to me in confusion.

"Where am I?" he asked me cautiously.

"Wayne Manor." I said simply. He breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed into the bed.

"I made it...I thought it was all a dream..." He whipsered to himself, looking at his hands. He looked like he was in deep thought. He slowly brought up a hand and pressed on his wound. He hissed in pain.

"Did I get shot?" he asked and I nodded in response. "D-Did you see them?" he whispered out to me, eyes showing fear. I nodded again.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Daniel..." He whispered.

"Who were those people chasing you?" I asked with a little more confidence.

"...government agents..." He trembled. I knew that wasn't the whole truth, but I let it slide, besides, I'm not Batman...not right now anyways.

"Why were they chasing you?" I asked a little weary.

"...Because I'm a monster..." He cried out silently, looking at his hands.

"You don't look like a monster to me..." I tried to comfort him.

"You haven't seen what I can do...once you see...youll be just like them. Scared, angry...Im a monster..." He visibly shuddered and curled in on himself.

"No. you're not..." I told him firmly. He shook his head. I remembered the question I was originally going to ask him. "Where are your parents? I'll need to call them to pick you up-"

"No! Don't do that! Please..." He yelled in panic and fear. The shaking started to get worse.

"Why-" I tried to ask him.

"They're the ones who did this to me...I-I don't...I-I can't...please..." He said trembling, in a small voice. I thought of something.

"You never told me your name." I stated.

"Yes I did...its Daniel...y-you can call me Danny..." He told me again.

"Your last name." I stated. He hesitated before responding.

"I-I was a Fenton...but that's not my last name...not really. It's-it's...before that...I was adopted. I-I used to be a Greyson." he mumbled, looking up to me. I never really noticed his eyes before now. They were an electric blue, just like Dick's. My eyes widened and I didn't respond. He started to look around the room.

"Where's the bathroom..." He asked hesitant.

"Down the hall, last door on your right." I responded immediately. He started to get off the bed, but he winced and fell back. "Here, let me help." I said and hooked my arm under his.

"Thanks." he mumbled, still trembling.

"Alfred!" I called once he was in the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and opened the door quietly. Danny was undressing. I looked away really quick, I didn't want him to see me looking. "Danny..." I said still looking out the half open door. I thought he turned around so I kept talking. "...be careful, okay?"

"O-okay, I will Mr. Wayne..." he said quietly. I looked back at him, making sure to only look at his face.

"Call me Bruce." I smiled at him. He smiled slightly and nodded. I closed the door and turned. Alfred was standing there, waiting.

"Yes Master Bruce?" he asked.

"He's up and...call Dick." I told him. He nodded.

"Yes Master Bruce." He said as we walked our seperate ways.