Sealed

'Afternoon Miss Morrison'

'Mr Dallas'

Jennifer laughs as Josh and Colin join her on the edge of the docks. Colin sits beside her leaving a rather noticeable gap. Josh sits at the other side pushing Jennifer in the shoulder.

'Nice day.'

'Lovely.'  She smiles.

'Bet you've been too busy to see it'

he jokes hinting to Colin, who misses his joke. Completely unaware of Joshua's intention.

'Too busy?'

'Don't try to kid a kidder Missy'

'What is he talking about?' She looks at Colin.

'Not a bloody clue.'

She slowly looks back at Josh.

'You're confusing me.'

'Oh come on! You sounded like you was enjoying yourself.' He winks.

'When? Josh what are you-'

'Earlier, in your trailer. Don't think I didn't hear you.'

Jennifer suddenly clicks on and just like that her eyes are on Colin. He too catches on. The dreaded fear washes over her, her skin almost turning green with sickness. Her eye contact doesn't break with Colin as his eyes strain with panic.

'Josh, I don't know what you think heard but you're mistaken in every way.'

She panics looking back at josh now, she's almost up on her feet before the next words leave Josh's mouth.

'Of course, they are sounds I could not mistake' he laughs.

Colin watches Jennifer who's up and flustering.

'Look me and co-'

'I'm happy for you.'

Jen stops. Looking directly at Josh.

'You are?'

'Yes, you have a man who truly loves you and he makes you happy. I'm happy for the two of you.'

'But-'

'Jesse doesn't know how lucky he is.'

'Oh.'

It suddenly registers in Jennifer's mind. All this time he's been talking about Jesse. He didn't really know the truth.

'You thought it was Jesse.' She mutters.

Colin lets out a large withheld breath as he looks out to the water.

'What?'

'I'm lucky to have him.' She smiles.

As she glances at Colin's turned back.

'Speak of the devil. Twice in one day. Wow, he must really love you.'

Jennifer spins round to see Jesse approaching with a bunch of flowers, she rushes forward, making sure he doesn't reach Joshua.

'Hi.' She smiles.

'Hey baby, I thought you'd like a gift. And seen as I know it's your break, I thought a nice picnic in the park?'

'That would be, lovely.'

She hesitates before realising this is the only way to avoid any conversation about the last few hours. She grabs his hand dragging him away from the docks.