A Perfect Addiction

Jennifer stands in the warm shower, the consistent rain cascading over her naked body, all of the aches and pains wash away as the water descends into the plug hole below.

She smirks to herself, her life has been on the up. Colin, he really makes her happy. Better than happy, intoxicated in love. An addiction, a perfect addiction. A constant high of affection, the little touches, the feelings, the indescribable passion that ignites her. A burning hunger for him.

The doubts filter her mind that something's waiting, lurking. The precise moment when it strikes, clawing away everything she's earned. More like gained. Him. Losing him, stupid of her to think but no ones ever stuck around.

He's different
She thinks.

He is different, he won't leave her. It's not about him, it's about the world. the suffocating world that rips away happiness just as easy as the changing of the sun and moon. Night and day, love and war.

But she's happy. This bubble of perfection with him, and she hums. Hums to her hearts content. Love, love has a voice that must be sung.

She smirks as a sudden hand slides over her hip, his silence startling her until she giggles.

'Hmm... can't you see I'm trying to shower?'

She tenses as his hand glides further around her waist.

'Your body language says otherwise..'

'My body language says..'

He begins kissing along her shoulder blade as she bits her lips controlling the urge and temptations spreading from his fingers, fingers sweeping her wet gold hair to one side.

'You really should let me shower.. we have a interview and..'

He turns her to face him as he leans forward slowly and so perfectly kissing her lips, she lets him.

'And at this interview.. I can't touch you like this.'

He pulls her closer, their body's dancing beneath the water flow.

'No.. and as much as I'd like to mess around with you-'

'Mess around...' he smirks 'you make us sound like confused teens, experimenting.'

'You know what I meant-'

'I know, I'm just wasting time-'

'Which we don't have so.. please.. as much as I would love you to pin me against that wall...'

She smiles glancing him up and down.
Slowly he licks his lips.

'We really do have to get a move on.'

He smiles turning her back around and kissing her cheek. He quickly slaps her arse and rushes out the shower.

'Nice arse by the way.'

She stands laughing to herself, all the worries evaporate just like the steam on the mirror as she climbs from the shower and strokes a line through its misty ice appearance.

~ 5 minutes later ~

A permanent tattooed smile stays etched across her face, her humming continues as she brushes her hair. She holds up the silvered grey dress she's wearing today, its new and even Colin hasn't seen it yet.

'Jen?'

She quickly tosses it to the side as Colin rushes in. She smiles, his face engraved with worry. His brow frozen in a frown.

'Colin what's happened?'

'Have you been on twitter today?'

'No. Colin. Why you're scaring me?'