Distractions

'Jennifer, I'm not going.'

She gets up, regaining her composure and walks over to the sink grabbing a glass.

'Well. If you're staying I'm having some wine.'

She holds up the bottle to Colin.

'Want some?'

She tips a large amount into her glass before grabbing it and downing it.

'Jen, I'm not sure drinking is-'

He rushes over trying to remove the glass from Jen, she moves it. Her body practically touching Colin's, his breathe hot against her skin.

'Are you have one or not!'

She demands. He steps back slowly nodding, she grabs another glass and fills it. Silence drifting throughout the trailer, she walks back over to the couch the glass and bottle in her hands.

She drops down, still making no sound. Colin awkwardly stands holding his glass tight in his clutch as he swirls the alcohol clockwise, still keeping an eye on Jennifer.

'Why are you still here?'

She snaps still avoiding eye contact with him.

'Because I care Jen-'

'You didn't.' She mutters loud enough for him to hear.

'Jennifer-'

'Just go, I ruined your marriage Colin... I ruined everything. I don't want you here, you shouldn't care.'

She turns away from him, downing her drink once more as a fresh set of tears weakly fall over her face.

'I told you. You didn't ruin my marriage. I did Jennifer.'

'What?' She now looks at him, he walks over to the couch sitting beside her.

'I ruined my marriage Jen because of-'

'I don't want to hear it Colin.'

'No. You need to hear it, I'm not leaving here until you do.'

She stops making eye contact with him. Every single thought mixing in her head as the alcoholic beverage settles into her stomach.

'I wish I hadn't of left you that day, I knew we both felt the same way about each other and I walked away because I thought in my heart, I loved Helen. Jennifer I was wrong and if I could take it back I would. We could of been happy and so perfect for each other if I-'

'Colin.' Her eyes fill once more before she continues.

'We don't live in a fairytale, we are real people with real problems who don't get given happy endings.'

She fills her glass again, sipping it. The pain noticeable across their faces, Colin sits looking at her. His lips slowly hitting his glass, silence slowly creeping back in. Haunting the two forbidden lovers as their bodies drift from one another.

'I think you should go.'

She looks down at the table.

'Jen.' He moves towards her taking a hold of her chin.

'I'm so sorry.' His eyes scan her face, focusing on her lips. Suddenly he moves in. Jennifer jumps to her feet.

'You apologise so you think it's ok to kiss me?' She yells. He gets up.

'Jennifer I-'

'I have a boyfriend Colin!'

She still yells, her body feeling a little heavy and her mind spinning.

'Jonathan..' He mutters.

'Yes Jonathan.' She snaps sarcastically.

She looks at her hands shaking the glass, she fills her glass Downing it once more.

'So-'

'Colin, I think you should make things work with Helen. You've been married along time and-'

'I'm not doing that.'

She sighs turning back to him.
'I know you still love her Colin.'

'No. No Jennifer I don't I love you.'

She stops turning away from him. Words she never thought she'd hear him say ever again. Toying on her heart strings.

'And I know in your heart you still love me.' He walks behind her.

'I... Don't.' She struggles. 'I am with Jonathan and that is that.'

He turns her to face him.

'Are you.. Do you see a future with him?'

She hesitates looking back up at Colin, her eyes tracing his figure.

'Yes.' She looks Away.

'If you look me in the eyes and tell me you're happy with him then I will make things work with Helen'

So much pain stretches across both of their faces, she slowly looks up at him. Her eyes filling, his too.

'I..I am happy with Jonathan.'

He nods. Saying nothing else he grabs his jacket and exits.

Jennifer grabs the bottle and drinks straight from it, her tears running over her face. She is happy with Jonathan but she loves Colin. She contemplates running after him, what's the point? They could never work.

~1 hour later~

Jen enter her house, more pissed than before. Her head spinning but there is only one thing she wants to do to distract her mind. Jonathan walks over to her.

'Hey, what's up I got your message?'

She smiles, pulling at his tie seductively but drunk.

'I want you to Fuck me.' She slurs, her lips pushing into his. Pushing him drastically against the wall as she rushes her hands over his buttons practically ripping them off him. He complies running his hand to the zip of her dress, within seconds they're Both naked and fumbling for the bedroom door handle whilst still kissing, intimately. As soon as they enter the room she drags Jonathan down onto the bed. An intoxicated night of passion? Or entertainment? There is only so long you can pretend, Jennifer continues to distract her pretty little mind from her pain and suffering inside.

~The next day~

Jennifer Wakes up, her head humming and eyes stinging. She's badly hungover and definitely feels ill.

She rolls over noticing the figure moving towards the bed. Jonathan leans over pecking her lips.

'Thanks for coming back last night. I'll see you later? Hopefully.'

He smiles grabbing his bag and dashing out the room. Jennifer runs her hands over her face, remembering everything she did last night. She screams.

Drastically grabbing her phone she dials ginny. It rings.

Rings..
No answer.

She stares at the phone for a few moments before trying again.

Rings..

'Hello?'

Her calming, friendly voice chirps down the other end of the phone. Jennifer automatically begins to cry.

'Jennifer?'

'Ginny.. I need help'