Friend Hour

'Good morning'

Jennifer smiles as the smell of her Starbucks latte graces past her nose.
She sits in her white fluffy gown waiting for her makeup to be done.

'Good morning dork.'

She smiles, wrapping her hand around her cup, engulfing his too. His ring, wedding ring glimmering the Suns raise, she pulls the cup towards her. Setting his hands free. She now sees Colin as nothing more than a friend.

He drags his wooden chair over to her Killian Jones
Scribbled along the back.

'How many times do I have to tell you, you don't need makeup'

Colin leans Inquisitively towards the desk, glaring Jennifer up and down.

'Well. Emma needs it, I'm sure hook wouldn't find her half attractive without.'

She winks .

'Oh I doubt that'

She allows herself to blush, no harm really done. It's only friendly flirtation.

In fact, this friendly behaviour has been going on for a few weeks now. The incident from that night has long been forgotten by both of them.

'Now go and get ready.'

She smiles tapping his shoulder playfully. He gets up standing behind her, she watches him tentatively playing with the bottom strands of her hair. golden blonde hair.

'Yes love.'

He smiles, squeezing her shoulders and dashing off. Jennifer sits again playing the 'love' in her head. His accent rich and Irish making it worse. She hates it when he gets into character so early. She smiles.

20 minutes later

'Jennifer Morrison I summon thee'

Colin stands dressed ready as hook holding the dark one dagger in the air. His smile stretching across his face.

'Can you not keep yourself away.'

Jennifer laughs strutting onto the set. Colin's eyes scan her body, her outfit tight outlining her hour glass figure.

'What can I say. I'm drawn to you.'

He flirts. She does too. They stand talking really closely.

Ginny and Josh, observe them both.

'They're very close.'

Ginny smiles.

'They're friends Josh.'

'Friends?'

She looks up, Colin and Jen centimetres apart. Colin's hand on Jens side as they both laugh.

'Ok. I'll talk to her. You to him?'

'Yes. Later after we've finished for the day.'

He pecks her cheek and dashes off.
Colin's hands slowly slips of Jennifer's hip as he hands her the dagger.

'How long have we got?'
'About 30 mins..'

He looks at her, taking in her eye focus. She finds herself scanning his hook, attached to his pant buckle.

What is it about the hook? She thinks to herself.

'I'm going to my trailer, you want to come?' Colin smiles. Jen looks at him for a few sort moments.

'Ye why not.'

They both head towards Colin's trailer. As mid day begins to set in, the sun high in the sky. It's bright rays shine down into Jennifer's eyes, blinding her temporarily. She complains, Colin removes his sunglasses placing them delicately on Jennifer. His blue eyes glisten as the beams of light bounce along his face.
They proceed to make chitchat whilst heading there, their hands centimetres apart. One slight movement and their hands would grace one another's. Why it wouldn't be awkward, they're friends.

A few moments past and it happened, the skin on skin contact. The feeling that sent both of them into a completely different mind frame. It was as though the presence of each other's skin made them think of being one. Jennifer wanted to grab his hand and hold on to this ever so precious moment but in reality she was his friend, best friend and that's the way it was. Nothing more nothing less. Feelings she had perhaps once felt was pushed away. Feelings aren't forgotten, they're hidden. In her mind she knew..

He never saw me as more than a friend

For her, that night was just fun for him.

A pretty little distraction.
A pretty little distraction,
Saying that I'm not pretty
Little distraction..
I'm not little..
Distraction,
That's all I was, a distraction.

She'd perhaps convinced herself of her worthlessness to him, it's the way she dealt with it.

In those few moments as he smiled at her and opened the trailer door, she found herself gazing into his eyes. Lost in them. If only she knew what he thought.

Colin however, gazing into her eyes too now felt his emotions resurfacing. In fact, he'd never pushed them aside, he'd admitted how he felt about Jennifer. She was just something he couldn't have. He had his wife..

All I can think about is her

Jen of course not his wife. But he knew what Jennifer thought, she was his distraction.

She was more than that
She was
How do I describe it
A beautiful mistake

He didn't mean mistake in that way, why in his mind. It was the best mistake he'd ever made. But he'd convinced himself, to her he was a friend. That's the way it must stay. He loves his wife, not Jennifer.

But in those moments of holding the door for her, he felt it. A connection as pure as day. Once she stepped into the trailer, the moment was lost.
In reality now, he looked towards his best friend with a half heartened smile.

Jennifer, making herself at home drops aimlessly onto the couch. Colin joins her on the other side of it. Her body begins to relax, her eyes heavy. The continuous yawns fall from her mouth.

'Are you tired?' Colin laughs.

'Didn't sleep a wink.'

He doesn't hesitate, he scoops her up and carries her over to his bed. Carefully placing her exhausted body down he pulls the cover over her and plants a warm tender kiss on her forehead.

'I'll wake you up when were needed.'

He turns back to her, she's asleep. Sound asleep. And Colin, knowing exactly how Jennifer sleeps wouldn't wake through a thing. It's bad, that he knows her sleeping habits.

A sudden knock comes at the trailer as Josh enters. Colin smiles, his best mate. Over the past few years, his friendship with Josh has become one of the most beautiful things in his life.

'Hey. Don't be too loud.'

Colin laughs pointing at Jen. Josh, pulling a look of 'typical' sits on the couch. Colin realises his change in mood and joins him. The silent moments that fills the air in between Jens heavy breathing feels awkward. As if Josh has bad news.

'What is it! What's up?'
He panics, his voice husky.

'It's about you and Jen.'

Colin glances at Jennifer. Little does he know, she's awake and listening too. Her ears tentatively listening, why she was asleep. Until she heard the door, unusual for her to wake.

'What about us?'

Us? Jennifer thinks.

'Are you two-'
'Josh, she's my friend.'

Yes friend
she thinks once again.

'It's just. Look I know, I know your friends but you have to be careful.'

'Carefully about what?'

Jen senses Colin's frustration as he moves around the room.

'The way it looks to the public eye..'

What do they know?
strangely, Colin and Jen both think the same thing.

Their hearts racing, did someone find out about that night?