The Only One

Colin stands looking down into the pitch black alley, a single ray of light makes it clear enough for him to see the figure. The frail figure leaning against one of the trash cans.

1 month earlier

On arrival back in Drogheda, Colin stands outside his rather plain house. Before once he didn't really have an interest in the famous life, he was happy with the simple things in life.

Happy with my wife

Helen opens the door to greet her beautiful husband. Her eyes sparkly with delight at his arrival but behind them a sense of disappointment. Colin enters the house, walking straight past Helen and over to the couch where his dog lay peacefully sleeping. Once Buckley realises Colin's back he's up And leaping uncontrollably at his master.

'Hello boy.' Colin, representing that of a young teenage boy gets on the floor practically rolling around with his dog. Helen stands watching, laughing with joy but inside she's feeling neglected perhaps.

Jennifer, still in Vancouver wakes up to a face licking for Ava.

'Morning princess.' She pats the dog before rolling over and clenching her hand on the pillow.

Ava barks.
'Sshh..'

She continues to bark.
'Fine Ava mummy will get up.'

She laughs throwing the covers of her and heading to the bathroom.

'So glad you're back.'

Helen smiles embracing her husband, squeezing him with the pressure of all the missed hugs, all the attentions she craved and needed. Maybe there is more.

'Not for long.'

She drops the smile,
Why does he do that? Can he not just enjoy the moments we have.

'I've missed you' she smiles patting neatly at the side of his jacket.

'Me too.'
He squeezes her waist pulling her into a long awaited kiss. They become more passionate.

Jen stands looking at herself in the mirror and it just happens. The tears begin washing her face, she's been doing so well but she misses her dad. Everything is becoming too much for her, she has no one to talk to. Especially as Colin isn't here.

No, I can't
She grabs her phone and scrolls down her contacts to 'dork'
She hesitating, glances at her phone...

Colin and Helen continue there passion filled kisses as his phone begins to ring. He pulls back glancing at his screen.

'Princess Dork calling..'

He smiles, Helen cuts him short.

'Is it important?'

He glances at his wife, a long moment passes. He came here for her..

He locks his phone.
'No..'

~Present day~

Colin stands looking down into the pitch black alley, a single ray of light makes it clear enough for him to see the figure. The frail figure leaning against one of the trash cans.