History/His Story

"I COULD NEVER....forget something as important to me than that moment when I met you," Yoongi mumbled the last bit and tried to keep his emotions in check.

"Anyways I remember it well. I remember you found me crying and all banged up from trying to drag my small little soccer ball and soccer goal through the bushes by myself. You helped me a lot. We were both inexperienced, but you left your friends to help me practice. You passed with me, you watched me shoot, and when I remembered there were goalies in soccer you became the goalie for me," Yoongi laughed at his cute and sweet memories. The older continued to stare up at the sky as if he were illuminating the darkness with his memories.

Jimin covered his eyes so Yoongi wouldn't see him cry. It made him so happy that Yoongi remembered everything in detail. Jimin who thought he was far away and meaningless to the older actually had an impact on him.

"Before I knew it the sky was orange. You said my mom would worry. You offered to help fold the elaborate baby goal and carried the ball for me," Yoongi sighed content with Jimin remembering him well.

"Why didn't you come back?" Jimin muttered in between his wet and snotty hands.

"What?" Yoongi asked turning over on his side giving Jimin his full attention.

"We put everything behind the bushes in your house and you said 'I'll see you tomorrow Jimin' but you never showed up. I waited from seven in the morning. I didn't even move from that spot. I woke up the morning after with bird poop on my face and mosquitos all over me. I felt like shit," Jimin let his hands drop from his face and turned to Yoongi with gooey snot smeared all over his visage.

Yoongi stared at Jimin sadly and shook his head.

"My parents had been transferring everything into my current house all that time and I never noticed. The next day, after I met you, they woke me up at around six in the morning and told me 'We're leaving to take our art to Paris. I don't want you playing soccer. You're too beautiful and precious to be run over by a bunch of hogs. You need to stay here and live in a nice big house, a house that will fit a piano. You'll be able to practice piano all day! You'll be the best in Korea when we get back, right Yoongi-ah?'," Yoongi laughed bitterly and looked at the sky again. Angry now.

"I hated the piano. I hated it because I never wanted to play it but somewhere along the way, I started to like it. Of course, I didn't want to let my mom know that so you know what I said to her?" Yoongi looked at Jimin with a wobbling smile causing the younger to jump.

I-it's not rhetorical! Jimin said to himself.

"W-what did you say?" Jimin asked barely above a whisper.

"I said 'I hate you and I'll never touch the piano again!'" Yoongi sighed and looked back at the sky that had barely gotten lighter.

"A year later, when I got the news that she'd mysteriously fallen off her elegant balcony in Paris, I was outside listening to music on my iPod that one of the maids bought me for my birthday and I was juggling. I hadn't touched the piano at all since she left. Nothing mattered to me at that time. I was 9 years old and I could juggle like a pro. I could make moves and pass effectively. I felt like I was on top of the world. I thought 'I-I-I'll show her. S-she'll see I can play and I'm not a pretty boy who is to be preserved to play the stupid piano.'" Yoongi was crying now looking at the sky.

"Yoongi..." Jimin asked while touching his shoulder.

Yoongi turned to Jimin surprised. He smiled unconvincingly and wiped his eyes.

"They said it wasn't a suicide, but I always treat it like it was. If only I hadn't yelled at her then she wouldn't have been sad enough to jump. The next day I ordered the maids to clean the piano. I worked all day on perfecting Mozart pieces. They begged me to eat saying 'She wouldn't have wanted this' but that's all she wanted! All she asked was for me to practice but I couldn't even do that. I decided I could do both. Both because I couldn't throw my talent away. I couldn't have gotten motivated to play soccer more seriously if it weren't for you. If I stopped then it would be saying 'Thanks, Jimin, but you meant nothing to me' which isn't true. I would get good enough to play at some type of competition that actually matters so my mom can rest in peace. Yesterday when I texted you I was on the piano. Looking for a break. When I said I really needed to go I meant I really needed to practice. I really need to get better." Yoongi sat up.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

"I guess we're right on schedule, huh?" Yoongi asked while turning off his watch. He wiped his face and hands on his shirt before extending his hand out to Jimin.

"I'm sorry you felt like shit but I guess I'm here now. We can practice again just like old times!" Yoongi smiled brightly at Jimin.

Jimin smiled awkwardly. He felt dirty but mostly sad for Yoongi. He wanted to ask so many questions but only one question kept running through his mind.

Which one does he love more?

I know the question isn't that serious but it's foreshadowing and it'll have more meaning later :) Thanks for reading and supporting the book my two loyal readers ;3