Chapter 14- Don't Turn On Me

Jazz's P.O.V.

The final school bell ring and I walked outside, where BEN was supposed to pick us up. Of course, Opal was to busy laughing with her idiot friends, who both acted the exact same way as her. They would go around and flirt with cute boys. Opal was lucky enough to look like our beautiful mother, minus the pretty bad scar.

I sat on a bench underneath a tree and just sort of kicked my feet. It was pretty boring. However, to my left, I found someone to be watching me. Quickly standing, I walked around to see what it was. "Hello?" I called. No answer. I couldn't see anyone. Damn.

Opal was standing behind me, causing me to jump a little. "Ugh, my friend wants to invite you to her sister's thirteenth birthday party. Are you coming?" Uh, hell no. Well, that's what I'd like to have said. Instead, I said, "Fine, what day?" smiling, she gave me the invitation. "Info right there."

This was odd behavior for her. Opal was never nice. When I say never, I mean it. Never. Why was I invited to a birthday party for her friend? Looking over the invite, I sighed. "Fine. I'll go." Opal smiled and hugged me. Opal smiled and hugged me. Hugged. Me.

Oh my God she actually embraced me. How odd, even more off from her usual rude and snotty behavior. Her two usually stone cold eyes glimmered with happiness. "Thanks." I said. "No problem!" she went back to hitting on guys.

A warm, fuzzy feeling bubbled up inside of me and erupted into a fit of giggles. She did love me! Maybe it wasn't too late to get my old Opal back! The one I played with as a little girl. That sweet, innocent cutie!

I was absolutely excited as I watched our mother walk up. She was arguing with that one Mormon mom again. "All I'm saying is that smoking ruins your health." hissed the Mormon mom. "And I'll I'm telling you is to mind your own fucking business and stay out of mine." hissed our mom. I loved our mom. She didn't take anyone's crap.

She walked up to us smiling. "Ready to go, girls?" A chilly breeze blew as I nodded. "Okay." I said, looking back at the school one more time. I caught a quick glimpse of someone who I believe to he Silver looking at me and my,heart races a little. "Ugh. Fine." groaned Opal.

As we walker back to the house, my mom brought something up. "Opal, Uncle BEN was wondering if you'd like to go get a coffee or lunch. He really misses you visiting. It's kinda sad." A brief look of guilt flashed upon my mother's face.

"Ew, why would I wanna hang out with that creepy short guy?" hissed Opal. That surprised me. When she was younger, she loved Uncle BEN to pieces and was always glued to his side. Now, he's like the rest of us. Forgotten.

A look of horror contorted on my mother's face. "Opal! That's terrible! He loves you!" she snapped. "Well sorry but I'm just saying. He always smiles at me. I think he's like a pedo because he keeps saying I'm pretty and that I look like you. What a creeper." My mom looked like she was going to slap her. However, she calmed down and merely said. "Alright. I'll tell him not to say anything anymore."

The look of guilt returned to her face as we walked up to the driveway. Dad opened up and kissed mom roughly (ew) and kissed my forehead. He was going to kiss Opal but she dodged him and ran out. "Keep your ugly leathery lips away from me!" she yelled, slamming the door. A clear display of hurt was shown on my dad's face. My mom was going to say something, but he stopped her.

"No, it's fine." he sighed. "No! It isn't fine! Jeff that's so disrespectful! If that were me when I was a kid my ass wouls be being hit by a belt!" My dad's face slowly perked up and a sly smirk grew across his face.

"That sounds like one of our more kinky games." My mom's entire face turned tomato red. "Not with Jazz in the room!" she snapped. My dad shrugged. There was awkward silence before my mom went on complaining about that Mormon mom. My dad talked about how Liu was while she was gone.

Before I knew it, they were leaving me with Liu and running off to the bedroom after my mom accidentally brushed up against my dad's manhood (again, ew.) I sat on the couch, sitting by Liu, hearing moans from one room and chattering from another. I looked down at sweet little Liu, now a toddler. "You're not gonna turn on me, are you?" I asked. He just shrugged with a sly grin.