Chapter 24- No Mercy

A/N: I'll dedicate to the first person who knows what I'm making an homage to.

Opal's P.O.V.

It was cold outside, and both my father and I had a good feeling it would be snowing before long. He, not really giving a shit anymore, gave me his hoodie to keep my warm, and held me close so I wouldn't freeze.

Next was my friend Audrey. She was dark skinned, of Jamaican descent. Almost everyone with a brain thought she looked lovely. But out of all of us, she was without a doubt the most cruel when it came to picking on kids. Cracking my knuckles, I prepared myself.

My dad's eyes were filled with a hatred only matched by my sister's when my mother was killed. Ever since that day, everything's gone to utter shit. Mom kept us all sane in a way, even if she wasn't completely herself.

Audrey was walking down a silent alleyway. Her heels made a click click noise as she walked. God I didn't fucking miss those things, they were brutal on the feet. These tennis shoes were much nicer.

One more important thing about Audrey... She was one of the last people to see Silver before he commit suicide.

Never would there be a morning ever where I don't wake up and remember I'm part of the reason a sweet boy took his own life. A sweet boy who loved my sister. He really, really did...

My dad rushed at her, slamming her into a wall. This wasn't part of the plan, he was just having a freak out.

"My baby Jazz has to go through hell because you and your skank friends. Oh, and we can't forget your dick head boyfriends! My princess was raped, reapeteatadly, and you did nothing but assist." He continued to slam her into the wall.

She was screaming, when she looked over to me and shrieked. "Opal! Help me please! Please, please, please, please!" she cried.

"Did you show Jazz mercy when you watched her get raped?!" I screamed. "No, you didn't. So why do you deserve mercy? What makes you more important than her?" I just smirked and pulled a tub out of my bag.

Bugs. All from different places. Audrey was always proud of her beautiful singing voice, and yes, admittedly, she had the right to be. She was incredibly talented.

Maggots. Worms. Beetles. Roaches. Krickets. Millipedes. Scorpions. Spiders. All wriggling around in the little cup I was holding. There we're four more like it in my bag.

Dad forced her mouth open with one of those stolen dentists clasps. Smirking, I shoved the cup in and watched as they all fell in. She screamed as she swallowed all of the bugs. My dad began to rip her hair out in clumps. I laughed.

Her beautiful make up was twisted in severe pain. I dumped in the other three. You could see, in her stomach, the bugs moving around. Daddy laughed at her.

As I watched, my smile faded. This was still my best friend. She was always there for me. Then, I remembered what she did to my sister. She deserved this... Right?

Then I remembered what she did to my family. She shattered the already cracked supporting piece of glass. The three other pieces of glass were broken. We fell with her. Now we're on the floor, in pieces, doing bad things. I became my father, and it's her fault.

Oh well. It's not so bad on the floor.

Daddy was slowly cutting off her toes. I joined him and did the same to her hand. By this time, the bugs devoured her vocal chords, and she couldn't scream anymore.

Standing, with the knife, I cut a small sliver of skin on her wrist and peeled it back, making a sickening tearing sound.

I did this again and again, the tearing sound became a song. A lovely song.

Finally, due to blood loss, she passed away. My dad stood, blood lust still in his eyes.

"Get the fuck up! We aren't done! You deserve more than this you piece of shit! Wake up, you whore! You got my daughter raped on purpose! You're a monster! A monster!" He was breathing very heavily.

I pulled on his arm, jerking him away from the gruesome sight.

"That's enough, Dad. It's done. We can keep moving."