Chapter 2- Just Fine

Jeff's P.O.V.

Jazz was placed on my shoulders. Opal was holding the hands of Iris and I. They both smiled and giggled when I pretended to drop Jazz.

Iris gave me a dirty look. "Aw, Iris, I'm just having fun with them. You only get to be a kid once." She sighed and shrugged.

"Alright. I'll cut your balls off while you sleep if one of them get hurt." I wasn't really in the mood to feel the wrath of my wife.

"Okay, Iris." She kissed my cheek.

"That's a good dumbass husband."

We finally arrived at the meeting house. Luna, Slender Man's daughter, was waiting at the window. She looked like her mother in every way possible.

Pale, almost glowing skin. Raven black hair, eyes green like forests. She was definitely her mother's daughter.

What a pity it was that she died after giving birth to her. Since she was the mother, she had to give her immortality up for her.

She ran out to Jazz and laughed as she jumped and hugged her. I laughed as Jazz seemed to weakly sit up. Giving her my hand, I helped her up.

"You're here! We can go play now!" She pulled the twins into the house. I chuckled.

Slender Man slithered out of the house. "Hello Iris, Jeff. How are you?" Iris smiled.

"Pretty good." he answered.

"Ah, Iris, happy birthday." Iris nodded and smiled.

"Thanks." We all entered the house.

"Jeff, Iris, Slender Man, get your brats off of me!" cried a voice from the living room. Masky was being held down and hugged by the girls.

"Why do they do this to me every damn time?!" Masky snapped.

"I don't know. Girls, off of Masky. Now." Jazz and Opal let go, but Luna still had a grip on his leg.

"You have to let go of his leg, Luna." Slender Man pulled her off with one of his tentacles.

Unlike her mother, however, Luna was rambunctious. She always needed to be playing, running, laughing, screaming, or being active and annoying in one way or another.

"We do not hold on to Masky's leg. Apologize, young lady!" snapped Slender Man.

"Sorry." Luna ran off to go play with Opal and Jazz, who had left to go outside by then.

I sat on the couch, Iris sitting on my lap. "So, Slender Man, how's it going with Luna? It can't be easy... You know... With the whole 'single parent' thing." He looked off a bit.

"Yes... It is very difficult. You two... Be glad you have each other. Your love is something I envy. I miss her so much... But I try not to show it. I have to be a father to Luna. I can not mope." I respected Slender Man. Raising a kid on his own couldn't be easy. Especially after the loss of your wife.

"If I'd lost Iris... Fuck, I don't know if I would have the strength in me to raise the girls." Iris smiled and laid her head down on my chest.

"So the girls are starting school pretty soon." Iris mentioned.

"Only a few months. It feels like the time sort of slipped out of my grasp." Though I wasn't happy the girls were old enough to attend school, it would be nice to have Iris all to myself for a while. About eight hours every day. Doesn't that sound nice?

"So-" There was a scream from outside. I ran out to see all of the girls hugging BEN.

"Hello, girls." he greeted in his quiet little voice. "How are you today?" They all laughed and simultaneously spoke the word "Good!"

BEN walked into the house and smiled.

"So how is everybody?" he asked. I looked out back to see Opal and Jazz running around and playing. "We're doing just fine."