Chapter 39- Relieved with Slight Heart Pains

Opal's P.O.V.

Luna walked me over to BEN's house, where she gently placed me down and kissed my head.

"... So you're making me go in and talk to him? Alone?" I sniffed, making my best puppy dog sympathy expression.

"Yes, I am. I'll be waiting for you." She tucked my hair behind my ear and let her thumb remain on my cheek for a few seconds longer before pulling away.

"... But..."

She sighed and bent down next to me, kissing my cheek, she whispered "Gotta fight your own battles, Opal. I care about you with every fiber of my being, but this is on you, not me." I nodded slowly and walked inside. The door was open, as always.

I slowly walked down from the small hallway to the center room, where I saw something I couldn't believe with my own eyes.

Lying underneath BEN was a man with Silver-Gray hair, holding BEN. I dove behind a chair as I saw them begin to stir, curious about what was going to happen.

"Mphm... Grim, lemme go, I wanna stand up."

"Hmm... Nah. You're stuck with me, cutie." He kissed all over his face, snuggling him closer.

"I can't believe Zalgo doesn't mind us being together..." he sighed.

"I can't believe the girl that had a thing for you didn't freak out when you told her you found out you were bi, and with me." chuckled the other man, apparently named Grim.

"Well... The thing is about that... I didn't exactly have the heart to tell her quite yet. I just kind of hinted that I liked someone. I really hope I didn't lead her to believe it was her..." BEN's voice was filled with panic.

Relief and slight heartbreak washed over me. Sure, BEN wouldn't be angry with me, but... Maybe it did feel nice to think that he liked me for a little while.

"Well what did you say right after you told her?" Grim asked.

"... I stared at her and told her how much She looked like her mother... Oh, crap..." groaned BEN.

"Shouldn't have done that... Dumbass..." Grim laughed and kissed his head.

"Maybe if she didn't pick up on that, she'd pick up on me being nice and polite. I was trying to be a gentleman... I guess nowadays, it's so rare, liking someone and being polite are confused for one another. Kind of sad, really." BEN's lips were smothered by Grim's.

"Doesn't matter now. Only we matter. She can go screw herself, because I'm not giving up my BEN. My BEN."

Grim continued to kiss all over BEN, smiling.

"I can't believe you actually found me again..." whispered BEN.

"I can't believe you doubt the tracking skills of a perverted homosexual Grim Reaper, love." Grim kissed his head.

"So do you like Jazz? I mean, eventually, she's gonna kinda be my... Mother-in-Law. Gosh, that's weird..." BEN sighed.

Grim groaned loudly. "I guess she's kinda cute. I don't know what my dad sees in her. She's got a flat butt and no boobs. I thoroughly examined her to make sure she was right for my dad. I always do that with anyone he's interested in. This is the... Third time. The others all died." he sighed.

"... What?!" I thrilled, shooting up from behind my couch hiding spot. "Is my sister going to die?!" I screamed.

"Woah, what the hell?!" snapped Grim.

"Answer my question or..." I grabbed BEN. "... I'll rape BEN! ... Yeah... I'll rape... BEN... Just fucking tell me." I growled.

"They were both weak human girls that died one day because of some killer or monster of some kind. That's all. Not much to it. She'll be fine, she's actually immortal. Both of the other girls were killed their first night there. My dad planned on turning them immortal." he sighed.

"... My sister is only half immortal..."

Grim shrugged. "She'll probably be fine. I wouldn't worry about this one. My dad isn't gonna let her out of his sight." I nodded, liking the answers he gave me, and walked back out to Luna.

"What happened?" she asked.

"... Everything is fine." I sighed. "BEN is gonna be alright, after all."