{Ch 2}

Ch 2: Meet Again~~~~~

Ch 2: Meet Again
~~~~~

It's been almost a week since Leo has swept me off my feet. I was astounded at his charm, humor, and beauty. Leo was a living dream that somehow made his way to my mind. Was it all really a dream? Or did I actually meet and kiss and adore a boy named Leo?

Jillian walked into my bedroom at her usual 2:00pm time to see me still sulking from that night's events. She sat down on the bed and sighed, stroking my hair.

"Hun, Leo probably misses you too." Her saying this made me understand it wasn't a sleep-reality. "I bet he's out there right now crying for you."

I smiled and let a single tear escape my green orbs. My stepfather refused to speak of that party and only talked about next week's upcoming ball. Honestly, this man had no chill when it came to money-bragging events. Especially when more suitable bachelors trying to woo me were involved. Only one has managed- Leo. Jill pulled her golden blonde hair into a bun and sighed, leaving me in peace after cleaning the room.

My sister entered with deep strides. I wasn't in the mood for more fashion challenges or complaining about her latest boy-catch.

"You need to get off of your butt and think for a minute!" She yelled at me, catching me off guard. I snapped up and let her continue, "Stepfather has tied you down in this dreadful household and taken away your dreams. When was the last time you took a photo of pure elegance and delight?"

I gulped, "A couple years..."

She groaned, "A couple years? Try over 7! Not only has he taken away your passions, but he's taken away the only man you've ever loved."

Love? Would I call it love? I've only just met him but it felt so... right. I felt like my own Juliet and he was my Romeo.

"You need to start thinking about what you want and escape the grasp he has on you. Just remember this." She said strictly. "It's the only good advice you'll ever get from me."

And with that... she left the room. I was shocked that she would even come up with something like that. Felicity? Good advice? They don't usually mix. But she was one of my best friends, despite us being related, and I couldn't misjudge her- not one bit.

I stormed down the stairs to see my parents in a conference in the meeting hall with a shaggy-looking couple. By shaggy I meant poor and not at all looking like my stepfather would ever let them into our house.

"Stepfather, may I have a word?" He nodded and waved me to come in.

I didn't feel comfortable talking to him like this in front of guests but it's what I had to do. He took away my freedoms given to me by birth.