Chapter 33- Revelations

Everything about the woman was enchanting. She seemed so full of life and joy but at the same time held a powerful aura which demanded respect. Her eyes were a sharp crystal blue which gave her a look of fierce intelligence that could be seen as intimidating. However her soft brown hair and rose red lips gave her a softer more inviting look. For someone who lived in a cave she also looked surprisingly healthy with a rich tan and well muscled figure. She also appeared very youthful for someone with teenage sons. It was clear that not only was she a witch, she was an enchantress meaning she was equipped with beauty to warp the minds of any she met. Some use this ability to steal the powers of others but most just use it to get whatever they want. 
     "Rozalindta?" Phoebe asked somewhat snapping out of her daze. 
"Phoebe! Oh it's been too long cousin," Alec's mother squealed with delight. 
     "You never mentioned any cousins," Alec's brother said with a frown. It was clear that he didn't like being out of the loop. Alec had his doubts about this new development as well. Not only did the two women look nothing alike, Rozalindta looked nothing like either twin.
His brother seemed to  notice his surprise. "You may be her son just as I am but she is not our mother so much as our carrier."
     "Jasper Emory James will you quit being such a damn showman and start being a host. Your brother and his friends look dead on their feet, no doubt thanks to those hell beasts of yours. I am so sorry Alec, Phoebe would you be a dear and pull up some chairs."
        Alec was doubtful that the stick-thin woman could pull up four chairs by herself, so he was relieved when she simply flicked a finger. Four arm chairs and a large cushion appeared out of thin air and landed with a soft thump. They were all plush and expensive looking, navy blue in colour but with a gold trim. Each of them sat down admiringly with Narla taking a seat on the oversized cushion with satisfaction. 
     "Right then down to business," Jasper stated folding his hands in his lap and staring out at Alec with an intensity he did not like. "I'm Death and you are life my brother. These fools have told you that you are a leshy and while there is leshy blood in Rozalindta's family technically you did not inherit it from her."
    "Well what is he then," Fai snapped with a challenge in his eyes, Jasper was getting on his nerves. 
   "A God of course, though he hasn't yet evolved to his true self yet as I have." Fai actually burst out laughing as did Alec the two clutching at each other to stop them rolling out of their chairs. 
  "H-him a g-god? He nearly got turned into a vampires chew toy," Fai giggled while Alec grumbled something about pesky bloodsuckers. 
    "Yes actually," Jasper sniffed irritably. "Long story short the father created the world yes?" The others nodded. "Then the daughter created the cursed's, the first magical beings and the son the castor's. One was destined to rule the day the others the night. Eventually they had children with the cursed's and castor's who became minor gods. Later as society moved on the god's began to fade as the two sides fought until eventually they could no longer take physical form. To right the balance we, life and death were created. Rozalindta carried us and that brute of a castor helped carry the magic to create us. Though he knew nothing of this, he believed that Roza lured him in and he was our real father."
     "Anyway we each have a destiny to help save the world yada, yada it's all quite simple really." Jasper concluded with a grin. 
    "You're a real jerk. I don't care what sort of glorified lord of darkness you think you are Jasper, you're just a jerk," Fai said arms crossed, golden eyes smouldering with rage. Alec felt a swell of pride for the Illuceo until Jasper strode across the room and grabbed him by the throat. 
    "Little pets ought to know their place," Jasper snarled. Alec shifted instantaneously into the horned wolf and bounded forward snarling in fury. he collided with his twin with a bang that shook the mountain itself. Light and shadow burst from the two and they were thrown back by a wall of energy. Alec hit the ceiling of the cave and was knocked out cold. 

A/N hey guys this is going to be it for a while because this book is getting too long and complicated. A sequel will be coming out at some point but I'm focusing on contest writing at the moment. I hope you've all enjoyed how to be of shadow and light